lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
randyrw
Not Yet Wild

Default leaving charger on all week

I am new to the cart thing and I have a beginners dumb question. I leave my cart at the land during the week and drive it on weekends. should I be leaving the charger on durning the week when I'm not there.
I am confussed on the right way to maintain the batterys and would like to know the right way. It is a 36 volt ezgo textron with a powerwise charger.1997 I think serial#c1097. just put 105 trojans and 4 gage wire.
Are these cart just slow on up hill grades. It does fine on level ground.
randyrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: leaving charger on all week

The best bet is to employ a timer and leave the charger plugged up. I use a digital landscape timer to "allow" my charger to run from noon Sunday till noon Monday. Once a Powerwise unit finishes it's cycle, it won't come back on unless the plug is removed and reinserted into the cart. Now, if your cart is real new, it's charger may act differently.
BTW, what year and drive system is your cart?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
randyrw
Not Yet Wild

I'm not sure of the year. serial# are c1097 ezgo textron. I'm not sure about the drive system either. how do I find this info. out

So with the timer, your sayingthat after I get my batterys all charge and the charger goes off it wont come back on, meaning that the battery is not going to be at full charger when I get back for the weekend.With the timer it will kick the power back on to the charger and that will start he charger up again.
you said you set the timer for sunday noon til monday noon. is that all your charging or are you having the timer come on during the week at some time.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

We leave the campground on Sunday and return on Friday to a charged cart. The cart charges overnight each Sunday and at noon Monday the charger power gets turned off by the timer. The cart finishes it's charge long before the power shuts off. The charger sees a dead outlet for the rest of the week.

Your cart is a 1997. Does it have a long steel rod in the battery bay running from the F/R selector to an assembly under the passenger seat?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #5
randyrw
Not Yet Wild

ok thanks for the help. I guess I was just worried about not doing something right and messing it up. The timer is a great ideal. yes it does have the rod in the battery bay running to a box.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

That means you have a Series system cart, not a DCS and not a PDS.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO