lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
Keith Bock
Not Yet Wild

Default Buying 2005 Ezgo TXT What to look for?

Looking for any advice on known issues to look for on a 2005 TXT 36v Cart. Also any help on knowing what shape the batteries are in. I have a Hydrometer to check them with.
Keith Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Buying 2005 Ezgo TXT What to look for?

Welcome !!!

Since it is a 05, the batteries are most likely towards the end of there life depending how they were takin care of. I would check to see if the cart runs and drives, check the rear end, the battery tray, and of course the frame to make sure there is no rust. The rest is just cosmetic.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Longhorn24
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have an 05 TXT and now I have had to replace a few things on mine. I would look at the batteries of course. See what year they are and check the terminals. Mine is lifted and had 6 gauge cables. They got hot when I rode the cart so i changed them to 4 gauge and that helped. I need to replace a bad FNR Switch on mine and I should have known because the cable running from it gets hot when riding.

So, my advice is ride it around a little when buying it and check the cables. Look for heat and if everything looks good then go for it. I love mine but have had to work on it some as you can see.

Good luck!
Longhorn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

KB, like the other folks said, look at the dates on the batts, drive it and see. There isn't anything that can't be fixed with $$ but you don't want to pay more than you should either. Is it a PDS or Series ? seat kit or any acc?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If it's a PDS do a diagnostic test (look at sticky on how). This is easy and will check out the system.
OlManRivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO