lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
kottonm
Not Yet Wild

Default 48 v 95 club car w/altrax cart jerks

trying to figure out why my club car w/ altrax controller jerks when initially throttling up in forward and especially reverse. got my cart used as trade for work and it seems to have some wiring by passed on the throttle. four wire throttle with only two wires connected to controller. Any thoughts..?
kottonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 48 v 95 club car w/altrax cart jerks

does it have the V-GLIDE? look between the drivers side front batts there will be a pie shaped black box.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
Shoeman
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have a v glide and my cart is doing same thing does that mean it needs to be replaced or can it be fixed? I have a 2000 club car ds series 48 volt.
Shoeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

KOTTONM-SHOEMAN First we really need to find out if you have a "V Glide unit" ( Pie Shaped unit between batterys on drivers side ) or ( a black unit mounted to throttle linkage underneith drivers floor ) they do give jumpy action with solid state controller as they were really made for resistor carts and even with conversion to small resistors on back side there is space between segments inside that can get dirty or the switch brush assembly or switch brush spring can be worn or weak? I have done a few conversions on V Glides but always rebuild them before installation of solid state controller as I had seen several damaged controllers caused by wild resistance feed, according to Curtis controller supplier? ( I USE ONLY ALLTRAX NOW FOR MANY REASONS ) The black unit under drivers side floor is no longer available and would require a pedal and likage changeover that runs into big bucks? In either case the best solution would be to mount a Curtis PB-6 unit to existing V glide linkage as it solves all problems.
If interested I have some pictures of different PB-6 installations if you send me a PM with email address.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cart jerks, club car, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car