lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2010, 05:22 AM   #1
RONGRADY
Not Yet Wild

Default Another reverse faster than forward issue!

I hate to ask this question but I have read every thread I can find and am now thoroughly confused. I have a 36v 1995 medalist that runs twice as fast in reverse as it does in forward. It takes off fast and immediately slows to a crawl in fwd. I am aware that these are historically slow carts, but this is a crawl. Is there an electrical answer to this. Does this cart have a limp home mode? All kind help will be greatly appreciated. Good pack voltage, new controller.
RONGRADY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Another reverse faster than forward issue!

Some history would be good such as...
You have had this cart for a while and it has been performing satisfactorily until a few days ago.
All of a sudden, when you went to drive it, the cart would go normally in forward then almost instantly it would slow to a crawl.
You replaced the controller and that has not removed the problem. You checked the pack voltage is 38+ volts and all the individual batteries measure close to the same 6.35v when fully charged. Check the pack voltage again after settling for an hour. You also cleaned and tightened all wiring connections.
Is that about it or has this cart always run this way?
Did you install any upgrades, remove/install any wiring?
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
RONGRADY
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the lack of info. I purchased the cart with a bad controller, replaced it and it ran like a turtle. However I found the problem. The previous owner had used a tie wrap to disable the microswitch on the f/r switch to kill the reverse beeper and cosequently it appears it reversed the half speed to forward instead of reverse. Thank you for responding. I hope this helps someone else.
RONGRADY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
SpeedyVol
Not Yet Wild

I had the same problem. I believe all I did was to reverse the A1 and A2 wires on the motor. Now my forward is really fast. I did have to reverse the F/R symbols on the shifter also. Hope this helps.
SpeedyVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

in most cases when they run faster in reverse than forward like that its the pot going bad.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO