lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
codyplax
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car stereo?

Hey guys, Im new to this forum. I'm wanting to put a stereo system in my golf cart and was just curious where yall shop for parts for your cart and also what a nice stereo system might be. I have an 04 electric club car

Thanks
codyplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car stereo?

welcome, check the site sponsers they should have most of what your looking for covered..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Welcome to BGW!!

try these on for size:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Stereo options are endless. Depends what you want to do with it. I just bought a marine grade kenwood to put in mine that has a usb interface on the front that an ipod can be plugged into and the radio has the ability to recognize that an ipod is plugged in and control it from the headunit as well as keep the ipod charged. Got it shipped brand new in box for $150. Prices go up or down from there depending on what you want. You can get a name brand marine grade cd player/radio with aux input for pretty close to $100 if you just want the basics.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is just a heads up when installing your choice of sterio's. Depending on which model you have DS or Precedent, and what your sourse of power will be?
Stero's are very sensative to power ups and downs ( cart motor running ) and static conditions so wiring should be from a static free sourse if possible. Some use cart battery pack with some type of voltage reducer and static suppresors, and others get further away from static caused by cart motor when in operation by using a seperate 12 volt battery to power all accessories. In either case you need to keep wiring for sterio as far away from any sourse of noise. If an antenna is used again have it as far away from battery pack-motor area as possible. IF installed under top run wiring up ( through top supports ) and I add a grounded bare copper wire wound around wiring to help with shielding process going to cart frame. NOTE--remember that NOTHING 12-36-48 volt electrical should be grounded to cart frame, only back to total pack ground.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car