lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent 12V Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf03 View Post
Thanks David.

What all does the conversion replace?

Also, does anyone have any pictures of a converted cart? Pictures of additional batteries stored, etc.?

ALSO: Good info Rib33024...thanks for the reference. That's what I was looking for as well.
The main wire harness, the battery bucket, and the OBC. I'll snap some pictures of a new style Precedent when I go to work tomorrow and I'll post them. If you've not seen them by tomorrow night please feel free to remind me.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2010, 10:22 AM   #12
surf03
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The main wire harness, the battery bucket, and the OBC. I'll snap some pictures of a new style Precedent when I go to work tomorrow and I'll post them. If you've not seen them by tomorrow night please feel free to remind me.
Just a reminder on the pics. Thanks...anxious to see so I get start making a decision.
surf03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Just a reminder on the pics. Thanks...anxious to see so I get start making a decision.
Sorry it took so long...... been slammed at work.

TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #14
Under-Dog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Sorry it took so long...... been slammed at work.

How long do the 12 last in an 06???
Under-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #15
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Anybody else have input?

If I do the conversion, how much is it?

Do you have to change the controller with the conversion, etc.?
The question I asked myself when considering the conversion was "is the cart doing what I want/need with the 12v setup?". My answer was yes. The unanswered question has been "how long will my 12v batteries last?". I'm encouraged to hear that yours lasted at least 5 years and it's not even a given that they are spent. Have you checked them out to see if something else could be wrong?

With the upgrades you are looking at, you may decide it's worth it to do the conversion as well. Mine is stock and takes me everywhere I need to go for as long as I have wanted to go. I use it as a neighborhood get'around and an occasional campground cruiser. Once I added an extra battery to run my accessories, I've had no issues with being able to ride as much as I want/need and then plug it in for the night. So, I have no reason to do any conversion. I have 08 batteries that are still working fine and if I can get another year or two out of them, I'm more than happy to buy another set of Trojans and keep on keepin on.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #16
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
The question I asked myself when considering the conversion was "is the cart doing what I want/need with the 12v setup?". My answer was yes. The unanswered question has been "how long will my 12v batteries last?". I'm encouraged to hear that yours lasted at least 5 years and it's not even a given that they are spent. Have you checked them out to see if something else could be wrong?

With the upgrades you are looking at, you may decide it's worth it to do the conversion as well. Mine is stock and takes me everywhere I need to go for as long as I have wanted to go. I use it as a neighborhood get'around and an occasional campground cruiser. Once I added an extra battery to run my accessories, I've had no issues with being able to ride as much as I want/need and then plug it in for the night. So, I have no reason to do any conversion. I have 08 batteries that are still working fine and if I can get another year or two out of them, I'm more than happy to buy another set of Trojans and keep on keepin on.

Mine are 6yrs old (12v) and still work. I guess I am lucky but will be replacing them in the spring.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #17
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Mine are 6yrs old (12v) and still work. I guess I am lucky but will be replacing them in the spring.
My guess is luck has nothing to do with it, most of the time. Break them in correctly and take care of them regularly and you should be able to get some good years out of them.

Will they give you the same range as 8v's? I think it has been established and supported by math that the answer is no. But, if they give you the range you need for your own use, then who cares? - I don't. I probably rode my longer and farther yesterday than I ever have or typically would, and it still felt strong when I pulled it into my barn for the night.

Will they last as long as 8v's? It has been said that they won't. But the life of the batteries is directly related to how they were cared for. For me, they should last long enough that my next set will probably be my last while being the current owner of my cart.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #18
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
My guess is luck has nothing to do with it, most of the time. Break them in correctly and take care of them regularly and you should be able to get some good years out of them.

Will they give you the same range as 8v's? I think it has been established and supported by math that the answer is no. But, if they give you the range you need for your own use, then who cares? - I don't. I probably rode my longer and farther yesterday than I ever have or typically would, and it still felt strong when I pulled it into my barn for the night.

Will they last as long as 8v's? It has been said that they won't. But the life of the batteries is directly related to how they were cared for. For me, they should last long enough that my next set will probably be my last while being the current owner of my cart.

My 08 Precedent came from a golf fleet and i'm sure batteries were not taken care of properly. I replaced thm with 12v US batteries. Time will tell but I am fine with them for my needs. Now, if they only last 3-4 years, I will sell the cart and get one with the 6X8 setup. I also put a set of 6X8 US 8v's in my DS last month so it will be nice to see the difference in the same age batteries over time.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #19
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

My cart was really never used in its 5 year span. Also, the batteries were not maintained well. I'm surprised how well they did after a full charge. The voltage readings were good too. This is why I say I'm lucky in respects to how poorly they were maintained.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #20
Under-Dog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

what do you mean by Break them in correctly???????????????????????????
Under-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car