lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
stlcrownie
Not Yet Wild

Default Steering Mechanism on 2000 EZ GO

After checking the ID tag on my cart, I went to order my lift kit when I was asked about the steering mechanism. I have a 2000 EZ GO cart and I thought the steering changes occurred in 2001. My cart is 200 miles away and it will be several weeks before I can get back down to look at it. Has anyone heard of a 2000 EZGO having the newer steering design. I don't want to pay a bunch of shipping sending kits back and forth if I'm wrong but I sure would like to get this ordered so that the next time I get back down I can start on the lift install.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
stlcrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Free Spirit
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Steering Mechanism on 2000 EZ GO

Steering changed over to axle mounted on the 2001.5 models. If yours is a 2000, it should be body mounted (old style)
Free Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
stlcrownie
Not Yet Wild

Thanks FS for the reply. Your understanding is consistent with mine but when I tried to order the lift kit I was questioned what assembly I have. I stated that I thought it was only 2001 models that were impacted but they said I should double check.

I figured this was the best place to check and see if anyone else had heard of the newer mechanism's being used prior to 2001. Does anyone have a picture of the pre-2001 assembly looking on from the front of the cart? I've seen pictures of how the column attaches to the floor, but I'd like to see if there are any pictures of how it looks from the front of the vehicle.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I worked for E-Z-GO during the changover. Up until Jan. of 2001 the old style steering was used. After Jan 2001, they switched to the axle mounted steering. If you have a 2000, you have the old style.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:10 AM   #5
stlcrownie
Not Yet Wild

Thanks rabbit!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO