lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Battery/Charger Issues with 2005 Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsidecol View Post
that could be...I purchased it used and it's an 2007 so they are probably with the cart...batteries say Club Car Trojan on them....

if they are in fact the original batteries they are close to 5 years old which for most people thats all you get.....as you said it was used and you don,t know how they were maintained................some guys get more out of them but they do really take care of them and maintain them..........if you can swing it it might be time......that is as long as charger is working right........you can also try a OBC reset to see if that helps, its a crapshoot but dosn,t cost anything...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #12
southsidecol
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Check negative terminal on each battery . . there will be a date code stamped into it . . . a letter and number . . . letter represents the month (a=Jan, b=Feb, etc) and number is year . . . A7 would be Jan 07 . . .
got a C7 so loks like almost 4 years....tried to reset the obc and couldnt get it to beep ...hooked it back up and now won't do anything. but the batteries were about dead and would hardly move the cart before I did it. It's kind of weird too my battery light never comes on in the dash for anything...
southsidecol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #13
southsidecol
Not Yet Wild

ok strike that....it does still work the same - had the tow switch still on tow...but never did hear the reverse buzzer....you take off all the neg. terminals and hold the throttle pedal down for 30 seconds (evenlonger) correct?
Old 12-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
ok strike that....it does still work the same - had the tow switch still on tow...but never did hear the reverse buzzer....you take off all the neg. terminals and hold the throttle pedal down for 30 seconds (evenlonger) correct?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...er-system.html
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #15
southsidecol
Not Yet Wild

To reset the OBC the following must be done in this
order:
If no Tow/Run Switch then skip that step

• Key Switch to Off
• Forward/Reverse to Neutral
• Tow/Run Switch to Tow
• Disconnect the Battery NEGATIVE (–) wire
from the Battery Minus terminal on the battery
pack. (all batteries or just one battery - I tried both ways)
• Put the Tow/Run to Run
• Forward/Reverse Switch to Reverse
• Key Switch to On
• Lock the throttle pedal down (just push the throttle to the floor and hold it? mine doesnt lock down)
The reverse buzzer will sound and go off in about 30
seconds. Leave the cart like that for 5 min to cause the
OBC to reset.No buzzer ever goes off

And on top of everything despite batteries being near dead....my battery warning light still doesnt every light up...?
Old 12-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #16
wesleycox
Not Yet Wild

What version number is on the charging computer? early precedent models had known issues with the charging computer. Its been a while since Ive seen one but i think the original is a version 2.6 check the version number on your cart and if its below 3.0 it should probably be replaced. check with your local club car dealer as they should be familiar with the problem. The charging computer regulates the charge and it sounds like you are going to find you issue in the computer itself
wesleycox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

C.C. has had issues with just about every version of that OBC its been a weak link from the get go......although when working proper it does do a good job on the charging system its just not worth the hassle..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #18
southsidecol
Not Yet Wild

version 2.06....is there another way to test the OBC or did it sound like I wasnt following the directions correctly for the reset procedure?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #19
southsidecol
Not Yet Wild

And i've no doubt the batteries are old...but it's just weird with the light not coming on , and the charger kicks on like it should but it doesnt stay on very long. I was looking at some posts where the charger could be on for 16 hours or something but it's never done anything like that.

I charged one battery with a car charger the other day for like 40 minutes and ran around the block like normal...maybe I could charge all 4 with that to get iti back to easier for the other one to work since it shuts off so early?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #20
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:

I charged one battery with a car charger the other day for like 40 minutes and ran around the block like normal...maybe I could charge all 4 with that to get iti back to easier for the other one to work since it shuts off so early?
Yes . . worth a try in case pack is too low for other charger to start up . . . pack voltage must be 32v+ for OBC to initiate charger's cycle . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car