lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #11
jimg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Odd electrical component?

Thanks for the warning. I was just going to use a 2000lb winch from Harbor Freight, but looking deeper, I see you're absolutely right...
jimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

If your winch isnt used much or only for emergency use I would get yourself a handicap scooter battery like I use/ Its a UB12350 group battery 12 volt 40 amp hour rated and is sealed and can be mounted in any position, plus is small 7"X 5.5"X 7".
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #13
jimg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My plan is to use the winch to pull Scotch Broom (the invasive plant). I was planning on building a special grubbing attachment for my backhoe,but our dog lost a leg to cancer and my wife thought a cart would be a good thing to have so the dog can still join us for our walks (good idea but the dog can't reach the pedals).
Old 04-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #14
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

For scotch broom pulling if its anything like we had in Oregon I would go with higher amp rated than handicap battery for that hard a work? A deep cycle battery might work out best, at least ( not a starting battery of any type ) which has very low cycles?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #15
jimg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

We've gotten pretty far off topic, but I have bigger equipment for the old growth broom - I just hate to burn gallons of diesel for a few plants. I'm just targeting the ones I can't get with a weed wrench.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:25 AM   #16
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
BEWARE I dont know of any reducer with enough amps to handle a winch? I have seen it tried and in most cases either the reducer or the winch or both burn out? Remember that a winch under load is not like a set of lights even with floods etc?
The addition of a extra 12 volt battery is the way for you to go.
good one OM
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #17
Dorf2012
Not Yet Wild

My converter is 16v to 12v rated for 125 Watts and 28 amps.There are three black wires. Two wires are attached to a negative terminal block and the other to a ground source (probably a relay active when the key switch is on).

It seems the converter supplies a 12 volt ground source to the block when the key is on and the run/tow switch is in the run position.

Measuring voltage at the terminal block, the voltage drops when the key is on. Components using that ground source and a 16 volt positive source will receive 12 volts ±.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage Reducer.jpg (12.3 KB, 0 views)
Dorf2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #18
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorf2012 View Post
My converter is 16v to 12v rated for 125 Watts and 28 amps.There are three black wires. Two wires are attached to a negative terminal block and the other to a ground source (probably a relay active when the key switch is on).

It seems the converter supplies a 12 volt ground source to the block when the key is on and the run/tow switch is in the run position.

Measuring voltage at the terminal block, the voltage drops when the key is on. Components using that ground source and a 16 volt positive source will receive 12 volts ±.
This thread is really old. What is it you need?
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #19
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorf2012 View Post

You should probably start a new thread, so people don't read through all the old junk...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #20
Dorf2012
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
This thread is really old. What is it you need?
Hi, Newbie here,

Having just purchased 2002 club car, I am trying to identify the electrical components (pictures attached).

With the serial CQ0234-185479 may be a 2002 Indio 48 Volt I.Q. Utility Vehicle (picture attached). I have no idea what the C in the serial number stands for.

Thanks for any help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2002 Club Car CQ0234-185479.jpg (48.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Unk.jpg (242.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Rear Access.JPG (162.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Solenoid and Relay.JPG (116.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Controller.JPG (59.9 KB, 0 views)
Dorf2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car