lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

Default I'm not happy

Purchased 6 new batteries from Interstate battery on 07-19-2010... i've been noticing a dramatic decrease/loss of run time and power over the past few months.. so I bought a hydrometer this morning and here is what I have

1) 6.17v 1.225, 1.250, 1.235
2) 6.17v 1.250, 1.225, 1.225
3) 6.18v 1.225, 1.225, 1.225
4) 6.19v 1.225, 1.225, 1.225
5) 6.15v 1.220, 1.210, 1.210
6) 6.16v 1.225, 1.220, 1.220

I sure hope they stand behind their products
Just 1 More is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I'm not happy

What is your run and recharge routine? Honestly

Those number while low look nice and even, they could have been taken from a cart at 75% capacity. They mean little without knowing when the cart was FULLY charged last?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I charge it after every use.
It sits in the garage for a week and then I take it to hunt camp and run around and then charge it while there.. then run around and charge it when I get home. I put it on the charger 1 or two times a week while it's home
Old 06-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Those number while low look nice and even, they could have been taken from a cart at 75% capacity. They mean little without knowing when the cart was FULLY charged last?
charged saturday
Old 06-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
Yooper75
Not Yet Wild

When was the last time you topped off the batteries with distilled water? My cart sits plugged into the charger all the time at the Country Club other than the winter when they unplug them and my batteries are at least 6 years old but I would have to verify the date code to be certain.
Yooper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

When your charger is working do you hear your batteries gassing (sounds like boiling) this release of hydrogen is an indication of a fully charging (equalizing charge) cycle.

If you are not hearing this try replugging your charger soon after it has finished the regular cycle. Failure to get an equalizing charge can lead to battery stratification. A situation where the majority of the battery 'acid' is left concentrated in the bottom of the battery leading to early sulfation of the top portion of the plates..... check your charger. what is the highest voltage recorded during the charge cycle? How long does the first and second 'phase' of charging last? Phases are recognized by significant changes in amperage output.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #7
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
When your charger is working do you hear your batteries gassing (sounds like boiling) this release of hydrogen is an indication of a fully charging (equalizing charge) cycle.

If you are not hearing this try replugging your charger soon after it has finished the regular cycle. Failure to get an equalizing charge can lead to battery stratification. A situation where the majority of the battery 'acid' is left concentrated in the bottom of the battery leading to early sulfation of the top portion of the plates..... check your charger. what is the highest voltage recorded during the charge cycle? How long does the first and second 'phase' of charging last? Phases are recognized by significant changes in amperage output.
I put it on the charger right after I posted this.. just went out there and checked and YES,, I hear the bubbling sounds
Old 06-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

When I plugged in the charger it jumped up to 20amps and now after 45 min it's at 0 and done... so I just plugged it back in and again jumped to 20 but immediately dropped to 10 which is where it's at right now
Old 06-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i know this is to late but did you break them in right? this is the kind of thing that happens when they arn,t broke in right from the start.......and they are interstate golf cart batteries right?...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #10
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i know this is to late but did you break them in right? this is the kind of thing that happens when they arn,t broke in right from the start.......and they are interstate golf cart batteries right?...........................
GC2-XHD-UTL

Don't have a clue about "break them in right" ????? Didnt come with any instructions
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO