lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
knot-on-call
Not Yet Wild

Default Is this a rare cart? 1989 GT500

I just replaced batteries. Runs well, no rust. It is a 8.5 out of 10 cosmetically and has a full bed double lid Ice Chest to carry soft drinks and a tail gate and Top. Never saw another like it.
I can't find any other pics around.
Also, there are a few wires from a wiring harness not being used on a Secondary harness. One White wire and one Green wire with 1/4" "O" connectors, a Yellow smaller wire with about 1/8" "o" connector and a couple of small wires with square blue slide in connectors. This site sent me to a main wiring diagram but cannot locate one showing these wires in a secondary harness. Where can I find info on this secondary harness?

The serial number says it is a GT500 Turf.

Thanks anyone for any input. Would pictures be helpful?

My first Post.
knot-on-call is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is this a rare cart? 1989 GT500

because most of these were used for groundskeeping, finding one in good condition is somewhat rare, but they are out there..... If you want to know what the secondary harness is for, look up the accessory harness for a Marathon and you will be able to figure it out since the GT500 was basically the same cart with some body modifications.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
knot-on-call
Not Yet Wild

OK, thanks, but still cannot locate a pic or a diagram for this accessory cable. I removed the two 1/4" solder lugged cables when I replaced the batteries and want to put them on the correct Battery terminals. I want to believe that they went to the terminals that would give a Voltage of 12 volts across them. I hope it hasn't anything to do with voltage regulation when charging. Logically, if it is connected to 12 volts it would run some lights or the horn.

As far as the ICE CHEST that fits inside the Bed of the Turf model, is that rare? I cannot find one anywhere listed. This cart was owned by a friend who kept it in his garage at Hilton Head at his golfing home there. He also sold me his BMW convert, 1987, with 30,000 miles on it,....perfect! never in rain. Cosmolene still on engine. He just used the Cart and BMW when he flew in to play golf in HH.

Just wondering about the accessory wiring to make sure I do it properly, and if the Ice Chest was original EZGO equipment or just happened to be one that fit the bed of the cart. He liked his beer cold evidently.

Thanks for any follow up.

K-O-C
knot-on-call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:54 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

welcome, try contacting an e-z go dealer can you post the mfg# that will give the year..........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

knot, welcome. if you go to the ez-go gas forum and look at the top, you will find the "gas tech" section. go the one with the gold stars and follow the link to bennett carts. i think you should download the 89-91 marathon parts manual. you should find your accessory wiring in there.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
w/top and ice chest?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO