lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #21
bacord
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: curtis pmd troubleshoot help

Sorry it's s1,s2.a1,a1. hard to read. The 2 a2 wires is printed on the wire can't see it on motor.
bacord is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #22
bacord
Getting Wild

Club Car

Is this the right wiring diagram for my cart? I'm just want the motor and F/R switch part and controller main wires.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #23
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yeah, that should be correct regarding those wires.

If you disconnect all 4 wires from the motor and place a jumper wire between the A2 and the S2 post of the motor, you can then energize the motor using 12V pos on the A1 and 12V neg on the S1 post. This would eliminate the motor as a possible problem.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #24
bacord
Getting Wild

Club Car

When I had the controller out I also pulled all wires off the motor and checked connunity between the a1 to a2 then s1 to s2 and got conn. I didn't get anything between any s's to any of a's. Also the a's on the motor were not marked would a1 be on driver's side or pass side. thanks I think we're getting somewhere. Thanks so much
Old 06-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #25
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

there is no telling which A is which, hope you marked the wires for where they came from so they can go back in the same locations. That being said, it doesn't matter which A you loop to the S, you just have to loop one of the A's to 1 of the S's and then apply 12 volts to the other ones. you should get a slow rotation on the motor at that point.

edit: if you did mark the wires, you should be able to tell which A is which by following the wire that came from the A2 on the controller to the post it went to on the motor. This should be the A2 on the motor then.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #26
bacord
Getting Wild

Club Car

The wires were both marked 4-A1 on the motor post cables, but I did return to the post it came off of.Will try motot after work today Thanks
Old 06-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #27
JDC
Gone Wild

If your motor tests good today check your F/R switch contacts. Just undo the single nut in the centre and pull it out. Mark which way is up first. and when you put it back in watch the micro swiches. I had one the other day that would'nt go and found two of the contact studs had twisted in it and they would'nt contact the stationary contacts and while you have it out you can clean them any way. disconect battery pos. first.
JDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #28
bacord
Getting Wild

Club Car

The motor checked out fine. I did take apart the F/R switch and cleaned the contacts they looked really good. I went to a local golf cart shop to buy the 2 micro's, a new diode and a resistor for the solenoid. The guy at the golf cart shop told me the diode can hook up only one way (the side with the stripe goes to pos and between the 2 small post). When the solenoid was changed I wonder if the diode was hooked up backwards and could of been the problem?? Does anyone ever had a problem with a reversed diode???
Old 06-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #29
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have personally reversed Diodes many times when I am distracted during an install.... Burnt up a few solenoids doing it too.....

once you have the new parts installed , hopefully we can do some testing that doesn't involve jumping safety cutouts..... I'm really curious at this point as to what is going on with this system.....
Old 07-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #30
bacord
Getting Wild

Club Car

It was a fried solenoid. With a new solenoid it's working now however it is SLOW maybe 2-3 mph. Nothing got hot after a ride around my small yard(Controller, Motor, Battery connections). Drove it again about 200 yards and it died.Nothing in F or R, rechecked all micro's and they are good. I'm done working on it tonight and going to charge new batterys overnight. Before test ride I had 38.2 on battery pack and 37.9 after a 250 yard ride??? What do you guys think I should try next Motor, Controller?????
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO