lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
Broke5011
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default solor panel

Would one of these be enough to maintain a small agm 12 volt 35ah.Running a stereo on this battery.Buying a charger just for that battery also.If I did'nt have to charge that battery so much that would be good..Also could it be charging while playing the radio.

http://batterytender.com/solar.html
Broke5011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: solor panel

Depends how much you play the radio. I recently saw a cart with one of these installed but never got a chance to talk to the owner to see if that's all he uses.

I have an extra 12 volter to run my lights and my radio and my battery tender was not enough to charge the battery back up fully overnight. I had to go back and buy a regular charger to use on that battery.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
Broke5011
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks,
Probally just going to buy a charger for now.Going to do a little more research on this.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

in most cases your battery tender charges at either 6 or 2 amps which takes forever..............i had a 6 amp tender on my deep cycles for the boat ......one unit that charged 2 batteries at either 6 or 2 amps........i used the boat every weekend and plugged charger in when i had it in the driveway all week........i,m not sure how long before they came to full charge it was approx 2 or 2 1/2 days but they were good and full every weekend...............i don,t know about them now but back when i used them they had just started selling one that charged at 10 amps ......not a bad idea to maintain your battery and if its just a radio your using with something like 10 amps you might be ok................................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Shadow, the battery tenders that are sold around here are 1.25amps for the Pro version and .75 amps for the BT Junior version. I've never seen a 6 amp tender. Actually, the charger I ended up buying for my battery tops out at 6amps. It has a 4 and a 2amp setting as well. When I run my cart at the campground, the radio gets used quite a bit and the lights every night for a couple of hours. We put that charger on there ($30 at wally world) at night set at 6amps and it's done the next morning.

Broke - tenders are made for just that - tending. They will certainly charge a battery up but very slowly as they are designed to maintain a battery, not bring it back to life. Those solar tenders are pretty much the same except you'd be lucky to find one, at a decent price, that can even charge as quickly as a tender. That one on your link, for $79.95 looks like it's rated at .27 amps. No way that'll keep up with your usage if you use the radio regularly, even if you live where the sun is out 24 hours a day. LOL
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

this would work for most: 35 watt panel and regulator
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
Broke5011
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks everyone,This might be one of the last things I do to mine,I am going to see how long the battery will last with the radio first.I am getting an AGM 12 Volt 35mh to run it.Im getting this so I can hide it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car