lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
unohoo
Not Yet Wild

Default Purchased a '96 Trans2 Golf Cart, does anyone have a wiring diagram?

I recently purchased a 1996 Trans2 Golf Cart. Can't find anything about it on the web. Does anyone have a wiring diagram, etc? Thanks
unohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Purchased a '96 Trans2 Golf Cart, does anyone have a wiring diagram?

never heard of it. do you have any pics?
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Purchased a '96 Trans2 Golf Cart, does anyone have a wiring diagram?

Is that what they call the GEM now?
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
unohoo
Not Yet Wild

Hi, The Trans2 is the predecessor of the GEM cars. Quoting a portion of Wikipedia on the history of the GEM vehicle it is written "The company was founded in 1992 by a team of ex-General Motors engineers from Livonia, Michigan, under the name Trans2". I understand a little over 700 units were produced before the GEM started manufacturing its updated version in April of 1998. It looks almost exactly like the GEM car. I found it featured in a short version of You Tube.
. I'll send a pic of mine. Being 79 years young, I'm not much of a computer person. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
unohoo
Not Yet Wild

Hi, The Trans2 is the predecessor of the GEM cars. Quoting a portion of Wikipedia on the history of the GEM vehicle it is written "The company was founded in 1992 by a team of ex-General Motors engineers from Livonia, Michigan, under the name Trans2". I understand a little over 700 units were produced before the GEM started manufacturing its updated version in April of 1998. It looks almost exactly like the GEM car. I found it featured in a short version of You Tube.
. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
dougatherrington
Not Yet Wild

unohoo, did you ever find a schematic for your gemcar? I have a 96 trans 2 also, and now I am having problems. Just curious if you are willing to share?
dougatherrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
unohoo
Not Yet Wild

Hi, I still have not gotten a hold of a wiring diagram.If I do I'll sure let you know. I'm still having trouble mastering(?) this forum. Who says that "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"? (I'm 79 and still learning.) I hope you get this message. Thanks. Jack
Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 AM   #8
dougatherrington
Not Yet Wild

Jack, I'm still looking for a schematic also. If I happen to run across one I will let you know. There are not a lot of dealers around here, and if you find one, they usually don't have anything on the older ones. Good luck!...
dougatherrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
unohoo
Not Yet Wild

Hi Doug, I'll do the same. Thanks. Jack
Old 02-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
fixer67
Not Yet Wild

Anyone ever get a wiring diagram for the Trans 2? I need one as well..The one I am working on has a date code of 031196-13. At least I think that is what the number means. The number is under the steering wheel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02-18-12_150957.jpg (31.1 KB, 4 views)
fixer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO