lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
Budheiser
Not Yet Wild

Default 96' Club with Fuel Problems

My cart died while driving. Discovered no fuel to carb so replaced fuel pump (probably just could have cleaned the screen, but did not know that until it was too late) and filters. Filter were dirty.

Cart starts and runs and then stalls. Sometines will restart and sometimes not. Also stalls when taking a sharp turn at full speed.

If I spray starting fluid in the air box, it starts and runs again like nothing happened. That tells me spark is OK...I think.

Any ideas? Was thinking of cleaning carb next.

Thanks for your help!
Budheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
-GR-
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 96' Club with Fuel Problems

Might have had some dirt get in to the float bow and clog the needle.
-GR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
Budheiser
Not Yet Wild

Can I take the carb apart and clean without a rebuild kit or do I need to order parts first?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
-GR-
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

You probably could. I have done a ton of carbs over the years and for the most part you can reuse the bowl gasket and the intake gasket. You just have to be careful and try not to tear the gaskets. The bowl gasket is actually an oring and as long as it isn't too dried out or part of it rips out you should be able to reuse it.

Once you have the carb removed from the engine, take the 10mm bolt out of the float bowl. Pull the bowl off gently. There will be a pin holding the float at it's hinge. Slide the pin out and gently lift the float out of position straight up and you will see the needle hanging from it. Set it to the side and then spray some carb cleaner all around and if you have an air compressor you can blow it out. Where the needle sits is where the fuel comes in from the fuel line coming from the tank.
-GR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
Budheiser
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I am not super carb guy, but I think I can handle that. I do have a compressor and will blow things clean and dry. Will let you know of my progress!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

mr bud... when you pull her apat get you a set of the long welding tip cleaners, and run them through all your passages! use one smallenough to clean, but not large enough to makethe hole bigger! they are ridged like a file and the soft aluinium will not like them to well! you can pull the main jet off and clean it out too! just make sure before you take these off you know how to set them back if your not sure. a easy way is to screw in and count what it takes. ie 1 1/2 turn out after it touches. not excatly the correct way, but will pretty much get you back to the postion you started with.

carefull with the starting fluid! these little motors cant handle it like a cat or a detroit can!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
Budheiser
Not Yet Wild

Thank you CKIGuy! I have it apart and will finish tomorrow. It knocks pretty loud with the starting fluid so I know it did not like it, but I had to try!

Will keep all posted!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #8
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
mr bud... when you pull her apat get you a set of the long welding tip cleaners, and run them through all your passages! use one smallenough to clean, but not large enough to makethe hole bigger! they are ridged like a file and the soft aluinium will not like them to well! you can pull the main jet off and clean it out too! just make sure before you take these off you know how to set them back if your not sure. a easy way is to screw in and count what it takes. ie 1 1/2 turn out after it touches. not excatly the correct way, but will pretty much get you back to the postion you started with.

carefull with the starting fluid! these little motors cant handle it like a cat or a detroit can!
An interesting thought if you are that way inclined

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:37 AM   #9
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

that's funny right there I don't care who you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
An interesting thought if you are that way inclined

Chris
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

You see this is why you never ask a mechanic how to do something! It might be just a hair off! Plus you never know what you are going to get!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car