lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Mike B
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2003 Club Car MCOR Continuity

I am working on my neighbors 03 clubcar DS 48V series cart. I have a question about the green/white and blue wires that are connected to the MCOR. With pedal up no continuity and with the pedal depressed no continuity. I checked the resistance on the purple and yellow wires from the other part of the harness and it test fine with -1K w/ the pedal up and 5-6k w/ the pedal fully depressed. Could this be the reason the solenoid will not engage? Is it a micro switch inside the mcor that is connected to the green/white and blue wire harness on the MCOR?
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 Club Car MCOR Continuity

Read thru this thread, starting at Post #10:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...eshooting.html
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
I am working on my neighbors 03 clubcar DS 48V series cart. I have a question about the green/white and blue wires that are connected to the MCOR. With pedal up no continuity and with the pedal depressed no continuity. I checked the resistance on the purple and yellow wires from the other part of the harness and it test fine with -1K w/ the pedal up and 5-6k w/ the pedal fully depressed. Could this be the reason the solenoid will not engage? Is it a micro switch inside the mcor that is connected to the green/white and blue wire harness on the MCOR?
The MCOR has two plugs, one a 3 pin that is part of the speed control circuit and a 2 pin with blue and green/white wires that is part of the control circuit, which includes the key switch,the F/R microswitch #1,solenoid coil and the MCOR microswitch. You should have continuity across the MCOR microswitch with the pedal depressed. The current for the circuit follows the following path. Solenoid Large post (connected to battery +) by green wire to key switch then blue to MCOR then green/white to F/R switch micro then black/white to solenoid coil (+). Solenoid coil negative by yellow wire to OBC.
If you get continuity all the way round to the solenoid coil and the solenoid still does not click, then jumper the solenoid coil (-) to battery (-). If it now clicks your OBC has failed
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
Mike B
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I jumped the solenoid and pressed the pedal w/ the selector in forward and the key in the on position, it did not click. I feel the micro inside the mcor is bad. Is this correct? This would mean I need to replace the mcor. Correct?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Mike B
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I did read something some where about by-passing the OBC. Would this also verify if the mcor is bad?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
Mike B
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Read thru this thread, starting at Post #10:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...eshooting.html
I tried this to check for resistence and w/ the pedal up it was 8100 ohms and with the pedal all the way down it went to 1900 ohms. Would this be considered out of range and should the mcor be replaced?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #7
Mike B
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just by passed the micro switch in the mcor w/ a jumper from the blue wire at the key switch to the green/white at the f/r and the cart runs fine!!! Im going to order a new mcor.
Thanks for the help on this.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #8
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
I just by passed the micro switch in the mcor w/ a jumper from the blue wire at the key switch to the green/white at the f/r and the cart runs fine!!! Im going to order a new mcor.
Thanks for the help on this.
Glad to hear all's well. Just for info when you jumper the yellow wire from the solenoid to the battery -, you are bypassing the OBC's function of providing the negative feed to the solenoid. It will also mean that the cart can be driven with the charger plugged in, as the OBC disconnects the neg. feed when the charger is plugged in.(safety feature)The other function (ie) managing the recharging of the batteries is not affected.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car