lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
ezdave
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Smelly Electrical Problem

I have a 1994? EzGo DCS that has been running fine for about 4 years. When I obtained it one of the wires to a bettery was not secure and burned a hole in one of the batteries. I replaced it. Last year it lost some power so I bought a tester, All five original batteries were "good" but the new one was "weak". I still operated the cart and put up with the slower speeds. I have always check fluids and kept them up. Lately, my wife took family out for a strenuous ride. Since then it stop running, I charged it and it ran then stopped. Then it runs again. When I do run it, the battery area starts to smell bad. I found the terminal from the new battery to one of the old batteries was really hot. All others were cool. I retested the batteries and the same results - five "good" and one "weak" The last few times, the cart has worked but the odors/heat continues. I hope this description helps for what my next step should take.
ezdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Smelly Electrical Problem

Stop testing or using the cart & replace the battery before you have an explosion or fire.
Also on a DCS cart you are in danger of frying the Control module ($400) with low voltage operation.
A good used battery will suffice.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
ezdave
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I assume you mean replace the battery that is weak and hot to the touch. Thanks
ezdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes Dave
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO