lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Rev Limiter wiring question

I was looking at my rev limiter on my 2002 Gas CC. It looks like the brown wire coming out of the limiter has been disconnected. The black ground wire is still connected. So, the questions are, first, where is the brown wire suppose to be connected? Second, should I reconnect the brown wire wherever it goes and disconnect the ground wire, or does the way it is accomplish the same thing as disconnecting the ground since the brown wire is disconnect? I looked at the wiring diagram and it looks like it is suppose to be a black/white wire coming out of the limiter, thanks, Dave
dfryabq is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Rev Limiter wiring question

I did trace the black wire and it does join into a black/white wire along with that other black ground wire, Dave
Old 01-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the limitor might be bad thats why its not hooked up? i don,t know for sure but that would be one reason and if you leave it unhooked i would suggest at least putting a tach on the cart...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have a tach already, I'm sure that it was had the limiter disconnect as per the sticky. Just not sure if it is the brown wire or black wire that is suppose to be disconnected. Dave
Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

Brown wire is the ground for the rev limiter. Unhooked = no worky. I'd leave it unhooked.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Roger, that is what I needed to know, I was planning on leaving it off as soon as I was sure which was which! Thanks, Dave
Old 01-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #7
alntex
Not Yet Wild

dfryabq, you said you already have a tach. What rpms are you running at full speed? Also, what kind of tach do you have. I have an ancient 92cc gas that I just added an inexpensive (cheap) tach to cause I disabled limiter (brown wire disconnect) and am curious. My cc is almost stock, high speed rearend by previous owner, ziptie on governor spring and runs about 28mph, but I'm not sure I am reaching max rpm of just under 4000 yet. Thanks Al
alntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have a Sendec Fastach that has the wire that wraps around the spark plug wire and you can set it to single cylinder, 1 fire per rev. I am not totally sure if it read correct. I don't get over 3,000 ever and usually not over 2600-700 rpm's, but I have my cart set so I have some slow speed putting around speed also and my govenor is not totally set to turned off. I can get to 25 mph easily and about 28 on a long flat stretch. I could get a little more but I wouldn't have to slow speed. I also have the Cart Parts Plus spring in my driven clutch. I am not really interested in it going to much faster since I haul the grand kids around so much and I plan to have the driven clutch machined so that I will have a little more torque on the low end, Dave
Old 01-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by alntex View Post
dfryabq, you said you already have a tach. What rpms are you running at full speed? Also, what kind of tach do you have. I have an ancient 92cc gas that I just added an inexpensive (cheap) tach to cause I disabled limiter (brown wire disconnect) and am curious. My cc is almost stock, high speed rearend by previous owner, ziptie on governor spring and runs about 28mph, but I'm not sure I am reaching max rpm of just under 4000 yet. Thanks Al
I currently run one of these http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/white...chometers.aspx A very sharp piece of equipment. I drive it through some some simple and readily available components. That "tiny tach" option makes me cringe. Hard to read and quite frankly it reminds me of a 1980's LCD Hong Kong watch face. Nasty little thing unless you drive a Lawn Mower at pedestrian speeds in the shade.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #10
dfryabq
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

yeah i need a better tach, this one was on the cart when I bought it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car