lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #11
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear End Question

Agreed. Getting rid of the old timers is good for the bottom line...

Until something goes wrong that a contractor has to be called in to fix, and it costs more than your former employee made in an entire year for two day's work. But no one wants to look down the road, just find the biggest bang in short term gains.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab69440 View Post
Agreed. Getting rid of the old timers is good for the bottom line...

Until something goes wrong that a contractor has to be called in to fix, and it costs more than your former employee made in an entire year for two day's work. But no one wants to look down the road, just find the biggest bang in short term gains.
I don't know about that, but I'll be paying well over $300k for one employee that I could hire for $100k. Outsourcing.

Back on topic, I've read up on pulling the axle and motor, and took a look underneath, and it looks pretty straight forward. Just wish I had done this before I mounted my controller and solenoid. I'll probably remove them, as that looks like a good place to support the axle/motor with straps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2152.jpg (135.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2156.jpg (136.9 KB, 13 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #13
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Guess I'm a little lost here. Why would you pull the rear end out if it's just the axle bearings or did you find something deeper or am I missing something which is entirely likely?
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I cleaned and injected grease into the bearing as best I could. It still grinds.
Then replace the sealed bearings. They are cheap. Throwing grease at a bearing that has grit in it will NOT remove the grit. You know better than that.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:53 AM   #15
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I don't know about that, but I'll be paying well over $300k for one employee that I could hire for $100k. Outsourcing.

Back on topic, I've read up on pulling the axle and motor, and took a look underneath, and it looks pretty straight forward. Just wish I had done this before I mounted my controller and solenoid. I'll probably remove them, as that looks like a good place to support the axle/motor with straps.

Tell you what... You can hire me for 100k, and I will move most anywhere to make it.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:39 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
Guess I'm a little lost here. Why would you pull the rear end out if it's just the axle bearings or did you find something deeper or am I missing something which is entirely likely?
I want to check the motor brushes, and it looks like it would easier to simply remove both. Even on jack stands, the motor isn't exactly easy to get to, and I've read that it can get "stuck" and hard to get off.

I saw a post recently that showed a total rear-end rebuild, and can't seem to find it again. Anyone remember what it was called?
Old 01-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Then replace the sealed bearings. They are cheap. Throwing grease at a bearing that has grit in it will NOT remove the grit. You know better than that.
I did this while I was fixing my brakes, but before I changed the differential oil. Somehow, it made me feel a little better while I was tearing through the 'hood.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:50 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab69440 View Post
Tell you what... You can hire me for 100k, and I will move most anywhere to make it.
I can't hire anyone. That's the point. The Man is convinced that outsourcing is cheaper than hiring folks. I agree if it's specialized work that we don't need full-time or that we only need for a limited time-frame.

Actually, even in this bad economy, it's hard to hire good engineers. During recent interviews, it appeared that anyone who was any good, was staying put, and anyone looking for work, was probably not their previous firm's top performer, or they wouldn't have let him go.

Before everyone gets p!ssed of at me, this is not a general statement, just a personal observation on a limited sector in the Metro-Atlanta area.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #19
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I want to check the motor brushes, and it looks like it would easier to simply remove both. Even on jack stands, the motor isn't exactly easy to get to, and I've read that it can get "stuck" and hard to get off.

I saw a post recently that showed a total rear-end rebuild, and can't seem to find it again. Anyone remember what it was called?
It was my post. Here it is.....

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...xperiment.html
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
YAY! Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO