lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
plantguy90
Getting Wild

Default what can I expect for these new used parts?

I have a chance to get a nice TXT cheap, and I can abandon my 94 marathon rebuild project. I recently installed an Alltrax 400 controller and D&D 170-008 motor. The cart hasn't been driven since the upgrades, as an axle ubolt went bad. What can I expect get for those two parts if I list them online? They are like new, almost no usage.
plantguy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
cbordea
Getting Wild

Default Re: what can I expect for these new used parts?

I know literally nothing about golf cart parts but I have sold a bunch of stuff on craigslist. For something almost new I would usually start at about 75-80% of the new cost. If there is a really high demand you might get a little more.

Everything depends on how quick you need to move it and how patient you can afford to be. If that motor is $400 new and you have the time I would list it at $350. If the right buyer comes along - SOLD. If you need to move it then you could list it at $300 to get a bite faster.

As a buyer, I can find deals on used items online but if there isn't much difference in cost I would rather buy new because I'm likely to have less trouble with a warranty item than if I bought it second hand.
cbordea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
sofar-sogood
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

You could list them for sale in the Carts and Parts section. Why not fix the U-Bolt?
sofar-sogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Why not put the parts in the TXT? The controller can be reprogrammed for the ITS throttle input and the motor should bolt up.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Why not put the parts in the TXT? The controller can be reprogrammed for the ITS throttle input and the motor should bolt up.
My idea as well. If it is a series TXT then you can swap most of your stuff on it as far as the electrics go. Put your old parts in the marathon and sell it as a project cart.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO