lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Jowens
Not Yet Wild

Default What to do next to get the lift and tires on it?

About to trade for a 2007 36v. What all do I need to do after the lift and tires go on it. I've heard talk about changing out controllers, etc. not very savvy when it comes to the electronic side of things. What should be done to ensure this project is done right to use at the deer lease? Thanks from a new guy!
Jowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
cbordea
Getting Wild

Default Re: What to do next to get the lift and tires on it?

I don't really know your answer but a quick search for "lift" reveals many answers. I might could have limited the search to reduce the threads...

"You could upgrade to a larger controller, forward/reverse switch, solenoid and cables. You could also go 48 volt and upgrade the motor. Several of the vendor sell these parts or combine compatible parts into packages. I used Scottyb @ carts unlimited. Look under sponsors. If you could post some pics of your cart, we could be sure of what you have"

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...otor-cart.html

since you are hunting you'll need more torque for hills and such. I refined my search and searched for "lift controller torque" and found several other threads

here is another good one.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...re-torque.html

the guys smarter than me might need more information about your potential cart.
cbordea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

upgrades are going to depend on the type cart, if its series or a PDS.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #4
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Maybe this will help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgoguide.jpg (103.6 KB, 9 views)
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

When the carts are modified for off road use you need to upgrade the drive system too.

The original drive system is suit for 18 inch tires rolling along groomed cart paths.
When you put big tires on it you are increasing the final drive ratio... typically 25-30% higher.
When you add a rear seat or cargo box you are increasing the loads the motor has to move.
And when you leave the groomed cart paths for the mud & hills you are again increasing the loads the drive system has to deal with.
All this adds up to a definite need to upgrade the drive system.
I keep saying 'drive system' because the amperage that drives the motor flows from the battery pack through the solenoid to the controller, through the cables & F&R switch to the motor. Every component of the whole system must be upgraded to allow increased flow. The system is only as strong as the weakest link.
The stock golf cart motor can produce more torque than the stock set up allows. By increasing amperage delivery we allow the motor to produce more torque. By increasing voltage we allow the motor to produce more speed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Jowens
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, great help
Jowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO