lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #11
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1 week ezgo build

I've painted tops with no problems. Sanded with 400 like you did then hit it with rustoleum plastic primer and sanded that with 800 hit it again then shot the rustoleum paint 800 grit and rinse and repeat for 3 coats of color. Didn't clear it. That was on a cart 3 years ago. It's in John Deere colors and hasn't faded or flaked. Still looks like I just painted it.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #12
ezgoin28
Getting Wild

Sorry for the bad spelling . I was using my phone. Don't bother with a rattle can. I used a " bumper paint" for plastics and it didn't stick for crap.
I get all my supplies from O'rielies . I sand the whole top with 400 grit. Spray it with primer sealer and sand it with 40o again. If that fills in the texture move to the next step. If not. Prime and sand again. Better to do two thin coats not one thick one. Then I spray it with the basic black single stage base coat. I hung it from the ceiling so not much dust landed on it so I didn't need to sand any more. I'm not a body man. I'm not saying this is the best. It is just what
I did.

I would like to get a seat for the rear. The cheapest I've found is 300 shipped and I don't want to spend that much. I may look for a used one since I have to recover it to match anyway. Soon I will get my steering wheel and windshield and post more pics.

I own a window tint shop and work on golf carts on occasion. I want to use this to promote more golf cart business. Any one have any suggestions for a good distributor? I will add some decals for my business to the cart soon also.

What about a decent stereo system. I'm not crazy about one but that is what most customers ask for. I was looking at the shark system for motorcycles???

Thanks in advance for any info I can get. .
ezgoin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #13
ezgoin28
Getting Wild

Sorry to bash the rattle can. I have heard of people having good luck with it just not me. I don't doubt at all that you had good luck with it.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As a paint and body guy for 20+ years your prep sounds good that single stage paint will stick to ANYTHING including you...lol you should be fine btw it looks sweet!!!!
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #15
SilverBack4Jack
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

What size wheels are those? I was looking to get some wheels for my cart and the ones I was looking at look just like those (fairway alloy aggressors). just curious since my cart is red also kinda helps with a visual reference.
SilverBack4Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #16
ezgoin28
Getting Wild

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300645438538...#ht_3469wt_802
Old 02-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #17
ezgoin28
Getting Wild

Here are a few more things I've done like a diamond plate switch panel. Home made brake and foot pedals. Homemade diamond plate nameplate. Tinted windshield Steering wheel. And speedometer that is actually for a bicycle. I think it worked out well. I have a few changes to make on it still

http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/...er_media_share

Old 02-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #18
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It's crazy how much you've gotten done. That is an awesome cart.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #19
ezgoin28
Getting Wild

For some reason those links arent working. i will repost them later. thanks jc. Im kind of a garage rat and my wife is real cool about it so it works out well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO