lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #11
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: chager automatic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkkoepp View Post
i really want to thank you guys, i'm a slow learner on this stuff and will pick it up. I've been reading as much as i can so i won't bug you guys to much. How do i, or should I change out the DCS controller?
I'll post photos of my cart for you all, I know its nothing, but atleast you'll beable to see what i'm working on and finished project. thanks so much guys.... I also have a needle style bettery guage for my dash, should i hard wire it to my batteries or run it thru a switch or key? Oh also should it be wired as a 12 volt or on all 36? thanks greg
how do I down size photos for this forum, as mine seem to be to large at this time..
If your meter is like this: you can wire it direct, at 36V, as they draw very little current. You can wire it through your switch, if you prefer. I've found it handy to just be able to glance at it at any time without the key on, though. You can photoshop your pics with either your camera software, or on a photo hosting service such as " Photobucket " All you need to do with either is to reduce the pixel size. I forget what size is allowed on the forum, but I'll look it up for you.
For example this photo is 480 x 580px. - 106,920bytes
Update: Ok, I found this in a post by " Roady89 ". It's from 2007, though. It may have changed. Quote " MAX file size is 128000 bytes. "
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
1. How do i, or should I change out the DCS controller?
2. I also have a needle style bettery guage for my dash, should i hard wire it to my batteries or run it thru a switch or key?
3. Oh also should it be wired as a 12 volt or on all 36? thanks greg
4. how do I down size photos for this forum, as mine seem to be to large at this time..
1. If it runs and you are satisfied with speed/torque, let it run until it dies or you are no longer satisfied.
Instructions will come with new controller.

2. Analog meters don't draw much current. Either way will be fine.

3. All 36V.

4. I use Irfanview (Freeware) for resizing and reorienting, Paint (included with Windows) for capturing PDF snapshots and Canon Digital Pro for significant image editing.
FWIW: I typically size my picture to 1200x800 or 800x1200 for posting.
http://www.irfanview.com/
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #13
Big Dawg
Not Yet Wild

I also have a 1999 36v ezgo ,precision drive sys.,i've been charging the batteries for 4 days now . I cant get the power wise charger to kick on, i have a total of 34.7 in the bank,thats only 10%, i'm useing and old trickle gharger ,6v at 6 amps,one battery at a time ,also hooked it up in pairs and charged it on 12v at 6 amp. Im getting ready to bite the bullet and call in a golf car mechanic,tired of fooling with it . Got alot of good info. from these guy's ,but at no evail .I keep going over every thing again,and again trying every thing that they have told me , very frustrated !
Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #14
gkkoepp
Not Yet Wild

thanks guys, man I'm glad I have a charger so I dont have to go thru what your having to do right now big dawg... well schools and stuff shut down here in my town as its packed with snow from over night.... so hope I have time to get this stuff done I asked you guys about...

One other question, what size generator would I need to run my charger so when I take it out to the drag races I can charge it?

thanks greg
gkkoepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
..............One other question, what size generator would I need to run my charger so when I take it out to the drag races I can charge it?...........
Should be a tag on charger that lists AC Amps. MY PW II says 10.5A @ 120VAC, so a 1.5KW would run it.

You planning on running the cart on the strip, or just running around the strip on the cart?
Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
gkkoepp
Not Yet Wild

Old 02-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #17
gkkoepp
Not Yet Wild

LOL, I hope both :)

I'm going to the march meets in Kern County at Famosa this weekend, tired of using other peoples stuff...
Old 02-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #18
gkkoepp
Not Yet Wild

sorry this keeps telling me I cant post links yet? even tho i'm not trying to..

ok went out and tested my batt's on volt meter an read 38.5volts, then i hard wired the state of charge meter to the batt's (36v) and it only goes up to about 10% into the red, like they are dead? I have a differant meter than above but got it from a cart shop and I'd told them it was a 36v system. could it be the meter or am I doing something wrong. many thanks...
Old 02-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #19
gkkoepp
Not Yet Wild

ok heres my cart, geting ready for the rases and goofing off, also heres a shot of my gauge i was telling you about, as you can see its not showing a charge?? whats ya think Im doing wrong?? it only goes up alittle when I have a charge?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new photos 316.JPG (151.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg new photos 317.JPG (140.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg new photos 319.JPG (121.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If the wires from that meter are attached to the same place you measured 38.5V, either the gauge is bad, it is for the wrong voltage, or there is a lot of resistance in the wires you're connecting it to the battery pack with.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO