lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
gkkoepp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: chager automatic?

thanks jonnie,
so could the gauge be for a 48 volt cart? or does it matter??
I tested the volts coming out of the wires to the state of charge meter, and they read the same 38.51 I'm using a 16guage wire is that ok?
Can I buy a state of charge meter at a hardware store or only cart type places? hate to drive 100+ miles for a guage :)
gkkoepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #22
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I may be mistaken, but I think that is a 48V gauge. I'd double check with the folks you got it from!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #23
gkkoepp
Not Yet Wild

ya just got off phone with'm, he started to say that it was smoked by me when wired, or its just bad? but will exchange it for free. just a hassle for a gauge!!!
thanks for your help so far...
gkkoepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkkoepp View Post
ya just got off phone with'm, he started to say that it was smoked by me when wired, or its just bad? but will exchange it for free. just a hassle for a gauge!!!
thanks for your help so far...
JohnnyB can correct me if I'm wrong, but every time I smoke a meter, it doesn't budge. You stated it did move a little. Could have possibly been dropped, screwing up the movement. That's what warranties are for. Shouldn't be DOA.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm back!
SWMBO Shanghaied me to go grocery shopping. (Senior discount day )

Simpleman is right about it probably being for a 48V battery pack.

As for buying it at a hardware store. It's the product, not the source that is important.
The only issue I see, other than the wrong voltage, is that it isn't exactly weather resistant with a pop-off cover.
If the replacement works right, I'd seal the cover with some caulking compound when I installed it.

@ yurtle: Other than Thermocouple RF Ammeters, I can't remember burning out any analog meter movements in the entire 50+ years I've been abusing test equipment and panel meters.
I've smoked range multipliers and shunts, and bent needles and hopped them over stop pegs, but analog meters are pretty sturdy as long as you don't drop them too far or throw them at a wall too hard.

@ gkkoepp: I see you figured out how to re-size your pictures.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO