lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
Club Cartridge
Not Yet Wild

Default Dying Trojans

Granted my batteries are 5 years old and up untill a few weeks ago I could still manage about a 30 minuet run time. The last couple of rides my battery indicator light comes on immediately and the power fades fast. Is it safe to say that they are finally about to succumb to age.

Will it hurt the cart to still spin around briefly with dying batteries?
Club Cartridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dying Trojans

. . Won't hurt cart but may hurt your back pushing it home . . .

. . water levels covering plates in batteries (distilled water)? pack voltage after charge? test cells for specific gravity? load test? all connections clean/tight?

. . . at 5 years they are about due to be changed, especially if they have not been meticulously maintained . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
Club Cartridge
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . Won't hurt cart but may hurt your back pushing it home . . .

. . water levels covering plates in batteries (distilled water)? pack voltage after charge? test cells for specific gravity? load test? all connections clean/tight?

. . . at 5 years they are about due to be changed, especially if they have not been meticulously maintained . . .
Thanks Steve, I have kept water levels up, just topped off a couple of cells. I just think they are about to die for good.
Club Cartridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can hurt some of the electronics running lower than designed voltage. In a low voltage situation the amp draw is increased and this causes more heat to build. This can ruin some types of speed control. It will also damage some types of F&R switches and it is not good for the motor either.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car