lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
Riversedge123
Not Yet Wild

Default how hot should my controller get

I am new to golf cart ownership. Bought my first one last week. Series EZGO TXT. It looks to have a stock motor and controller. I can't say for sure but the controller looks new. The cart is lifted and has 21" tires and a rear flip-flop seat. I have noticed that the controller gets extremely hot. I would expect some heat, but this seems abnormal. How hot should it get? Thanks in advance.
Riversedge123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: how hot should my controller get

Mine has been hot enough(probably several times) that the case is deformed. I abused the crap out of my drive system on my last job though. For now, it is still functioning.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

the cooler the better, if you can't touch it it is toooo hot.

you prob need to upgrade to 4ga or bigger wiring. teh bigger wiring will flow more amps so it will run cooler.

also what drive system do you have? pds, series, dcs.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Riversedge123
Not Yet Wild

It is a series cart. Was thinking that 4gauge cables would be my first upgrade. I emagine that it gets too hot to touch by how hit the cover is. I have the over off right now so I can really see how hot it is getting. Thanks or the replies.
Riversedge123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO