lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Serious wheel issue- broken spindle?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
I will just have to keep an eye on them. By any chance do you know the torque spec for the nut?
I used to but I can't remember. I'll see if I can find it somewhere. Just tighten the hell out of it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #12
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I used to but I can't remember. I'll see if I can find it somewhere. Just tighten the hell out of it.
Thanks David. By any chance would adding thread-locker to the existing ones help or cure the issue?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks David. By any chance would adding thread-locker to the existing ones help or cure the issue?
Yeah I would think so. It definitely couldn't hurt.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:57 AM   #14
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

David, I have a 2005 CC but was looking at the illustrated parts list for a 2008 CC and the upper suspension picture shows the nut as part number 102878201 and the lower suspension picture shows the nut as part number 102289201. Why is this? I looked at a 2005 CC illustrated parts list and both picture show the nut to be part number 102878201.

102878201 Nut, Lock,m12,washer,conical

102289201 Nut - Hex Locking, M12 X 1.25
Old 07-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
David, I have a 2005 CC but was looking at the illustrated parts list for a 2008 CC and the upper suspension picture shows the nut as part number 102878201 and the lower suspension picture shows the nut as part number 102289201. Why is this? I looked at a 2005 CC illustrated parts list and both picture show the nut to be part number 102878201.

102878201 Nut, Lock,m12,washer,conical

102289201 Nut - Hex Locking, M12 X 1.25
99% of the time when Club Car changes a part they change the part number to go along with it. This is evidently one of those instances where they keep the same part number. I assure you the nut is different.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #16
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
99% of the time when Club Car changes a part they change the part number to go along with it. This is evidently one of those instances where they keep the same part number. I assure you the nut is different.
I defiantly trust you.. Was just curious why the 2008 parts list showed two different part numbers for the same nut.

On a side note, ever since you have mentioned this it has been on my mind and bothers me that this is a common issue and the first time I heard of it..
Old 07-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
I defiantly trust you.. Was just curious why the 2008 parts list showed two different part numbers for the same nut.

On a side note, ever since you have mentioned this it has been on my mind and bothers me that this is a common issue and the first time I heard of it..
Just because it's a common issue for me doesn't mean it's common for everyone. Keep in mind that I work on hundreds of these things weekly. We have 15-20 golf courses in our area in which I'm in charge of taking care of the golf cars. I used to see it quite often, but since the new nut has come out I haven't seen it at all.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #18
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Just because it's a common issue for me doesn't mean it's common for everyone. Keep in mind that I work on hundreds of these things weekly. We have 15-20 golf courses in our area in which I'm in charge of taking care of the golf cars. I used to see it quite often, but since the new nut has come out I haven't seen it at all.
Thanks David..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car