lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #11
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: LSV laws

Ask the local district attorney what to do! He's the one who will be in court trying to prosecute you under FL Law. Section 5 below states that a county CAN enact laws further restricting the use. Ask the DA if such a county law has been enacted and what the requirements are for posting these restrictions (signage).

FL 316.2122 Operation of a low-speed vehicle or mini truck on certain roadways.—The operation of a low-speed vehicle as defined in s. 320.01(42) or a mini truck as defined in s. 320.01(45) on any road is authorized with the following restrictions:
(1) A low-speed vehicle or mini truck may be operated only on streets where the posted speed limit is 35 miles per hour or less. This does not prohibit a low-speed vehicle or mini truck from crossing a road or street at an intersection where the road or street has a posted speed limit of more than 35 miles per hour.

(2) A low-speed vehicle must be equipped with headlamps, stop lamps, turn signal lamps, taillamps, reflex reflectors, parking brakes, rearview mirrors, windshields, seat belts, and vehicle identification numbers.

(3) A low-speed vehicle or mini truck must be registered and insured in accordance with s. 320.02 and titled pursuant to chapter 319.

(4) Any person operating a low-speed vehicle or mini truck must have in his or her possession a valid driver’s license.

(5) A county or municipality may prohibit the operation of low-speed vehicles or mini trucks on any road under its jurisdiction if the governing body of the county or municipality determines that such prohibition is necessary in the interest of safety.

(6) The Department of Transportation may prohibit the operation of low-speed vehicles or mini trucks on any road under its jurisdiction if it determines that such prohibition is necessary in the interest of safety.
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #12
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H. View Post
Yes, and I told you the solution to it. YOU have to give them the information they are lacking or unwilling to get for themselves.

Exactly! NO county employee can override STATE LAW, I don't care who they think they are.

************************************************** ************************************

I'm going to put it to you this way...

Since YOU want to drive your street legal cart on the road YOU are going to have to educate the Police Department on the subject!

-Scott H.
Dont mean to confuse the issue but in Wisconsin the state will issue a plate for a NEV but local juristictions can prohibit use on the county/city roads. It's actually written into the state statutes that the local governing body can prohibit.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
Ask the local district attorney what to do! He's the one who will be in court trying to prosecute you under FL Law. Section 5 below states that a county CAN enact laws further restricting the use. Ask the DA if such a county law has been enacted and what the requirements are for posting these restrictions (signage).

FL 316.2122 Operation of a low-speed vehicle or mini truck on certain roadways.—The operation of a low-speed vehicle as defined in s. 320.01(42) or a mini truck as defined in s. 320.01(45) on any road is authorized with the following restrictions:
(1) A low-speed vehicle or mini truck may be operated only on streets where the posted speed limit is 35 miles per hour or less. This does not prohibit a low-speed vehicle or mini truck from crossing a road or street at an intersection where the road or street has a posted speed limit of more than 35 miles per hour.

(2) A low-speed vehicle must be equipped with headlamps, stop lamps, turn signal lamps, taillamps, reflex reflectors, parking brakes, rearview mirrors, windshields, seat belts, and vehicle identification numbers.

(3) A low-speed vehicle or mini truck must be registered and insured in accordance with s. 320.02 and titled pursuant to chapter 319.

(4) Any person operating a low-speed vehicle or mini truck must have in his or her possession a valid driver’s license.

(5) A county or municipality may prohibit the operation of low-speed vehicles or mini trucks on any road under its jurisdiction if the governing body of the county or municipality determines that such prohibition is necessary in the interest of safety.

(6) The Department of Transportation may prohibit the operation of low-speed vehicles or mini trucks on any road under its jurisdiction if it determines that such prohibition is necessary in the interest of safety.

. . . ooopsie . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #14
lococummins
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . ooopsie . . .
lol...You can also bring it to the city council and have a vote on it. This could either work for, or against you
lococummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #15
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

Actually there is a threshold that needs to be met for a county or municipality to meet to pass any ristrictions. It must be NECESSARY for safety. believe it or not its not an easy threshold to meet in this instance. But back to the original question, even if th county did pass some restrictions the sheriff would still need to be able to differentiate and identify the vehicle type restricted. Plus the county needs to post the law.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #16
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

I humbly stand corrected.

I guess in some states the county employees can override state law.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #17
Bigboy1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to all for the info. guess I will hold off buying one until I can get a good ansewer from the county.
Bigboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #18
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lococummins View Post
lol...You can also bring it to the city council and have a vote on it. This could either work for, or against you
I've avoided this move based on, once they tell you "NO" now you are breaking the local law.
If I dont ask, they cant tell me no, and I remain a "gray area" in the local law
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #19
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

Here in fl my wife got stopped on our cart. It had a tag, vin and insurance. The deputy was if the same mindset. He absolutely refused to believe it was legal. Only after a long argument he had on his cellphone to someone back at the station did he let her go. I took a copy of the dmv packet and a copy of the law to him and offered to help him get his cart street legal if he had one.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #20
Bigboy1
Not Yet Wild

Love the ansewer what part of florida or county !!!!!!
Bigboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car