lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
Pbz
Not Yet Wild

Default acceleration problem

hey guys i'm rather new to golf cart maintenance but im pretty sure something is going on with my 88 DS. Couple months back i got new batteries and had my charger checked. all was well GF was running like a dream.

Couple days ago i was running some horse feed to the barn w it and it kind of lagging even though it was on a full charge. Next day I grab it to get the mail and i almost catch whiplash it took off so fast even the tires chirped.

I lifted the seat and noticed the spring was kind of hot?!

Now i know someone is probably going to suggest i search or perhaps read the manual but I hope someone can throw me some advice?

thanks in advance
Pbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2014, 01:05 AM   #2
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: acceleration problem

For the tire chirping, you may have a broken resistor coil (spring as you call it). Check them all - you have either 5 or 6, depnding on your serial number. These turn off starting with drivers side then move to next an then next, until you have gone to last contact in v-glide and deliver full 36V to motor with no resistor coils in the circuit. A broken resistor coil would keep cart from running until you went past the v-glide contact that was connected to the resistor coil past the broken one. Essentially, you are starting the cart moving with more power than normal, causing the rapid acceleration.
As for the "lagging" You should check all your cable connections including motor and FnR and solenoid to make sure they are clean and tight, and check cable lugs to make sure they are tight. Tug on them to test the crimp, so you know they are good or replace. You should have a v-glide that is a pie shaped plastic housing by drivers side batteries and connected to the GO peddle by a rod, take out the drivers side batteries and open up the v-glide and inspect for high heat resistance damage to contact area (melted plastic). These sparkies like wide open throttle or coasting. Either on or off. Slow continuous speeds build up resistance and if connections and components are not well maintained, they tend to fail.
Sorry for the lengthy reply, but given you description of symptoms, Thats what I would do. Of course, checking battery voltage should be considered as well. Someone else may suggest something simpler to do. I tend to go for the full inspection route. Hope this helps.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car