lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2015, 08:49 PM   #1
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Plug in GPS or phone charger...

I haven't seen this before...thought it was kinda' neat, particularly for $47.00...

http://access.revolutiongolf.com/gim...290886&jb=1245
flkeysdude359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2015, 05:25 AM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Plug in GPS or phone charger...

Why not just install some USB connectors on the dash and wire directly to the battery or fuse box?
That's what I'm going to do to my Precedent. I am also installing a 12v deep cycle battery in the bag well for all of my accessories to keep the load off the battery pack. (lights, stereo, chargers etc)
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:12 AM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

That unit must be a voltage reducer that has a wide range of input voltage. I think it is a great ideal for people who don't own there own cart. Even if you own your own cart and only use it for golf and don't play every day it would be nice. If you play once every week or so and don't want to deck out your cart. My club has lots of cart owners that could use one.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:35 AM   #4
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have already installed a a dash mounted Blue Sea dual USB charging port and a 48 to 12v reducer in my Precedent. A 12v socket is planned as a future upgrade. I'm in agreement with Mr. Golf that that this would be a great item for an individual golfer to use in a rental cart or a quick solution for occasional use...I simply think this portable adapter is a great idea...
Old 12-04-2015, 09:10 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I simply think this portable adapter is a great idea...
Until you have one too many beers and forget it was plugged in the cart and leave it behind

That system has been around for a while, they use to have one that plugged into the IQDM port of the Club Cars.

The audience is definitely Golfers that rent carts, but a portable power pack has more uses and about 1/3 of the price.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:04 AM   #6
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Uhhhhhh....there has definitely been a few times that I've had one too many beers...!!!
Old 12-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #7
Yamahaman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I usually don't carry a phone with me while i'm on my cart and I sure as heck don't carry a tablet with me either.Being retired I leave all those things at the house so I can enjoy myself without disturbing others
Yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #8
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Likewise, I'm retired and don't like to be bothered or bother anyone with my phone. I do, however, play golf and have golf related (GPS) apps on my phone. Although I mute my phone while playing, I think it would work great for those battery hogging gps apps...just sayin'...
Old 12-04-2015, 09:12 PM   #9
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahaman View Post
I usually don't carry a phone with me while i'm on my cart and I sure as heck don't carry a tablet with me either.Being retired I leave all those things at the house so I can enjoy myself without disturbing others
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car