lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #11
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cart charges 2-3 hours only drives 10 minutes

Tell him you want a new set of Trojans. Maybe you can get home to at least pay for half.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #12
timD
Not Yet Wild

Should I try for 8 6 volt batteries instead? Can I just drop those into the space for the 12V batteries?
I'm assuming he is going to give me about $150 credit on batteries and now I'm trying to figure out the best, long term solution.

Thanks
timD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

6 - 8V is what you want. Neither will fit exactly where the 4 x 12's go but it's much easer to fit 6 x 8V than 8 x 6V.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #14
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

How will you be using your cart. If your want a neighborhood cruiser, 4 or 5 miles and then back to the charger for the night, then the 4-12v may be enough for you. If you expect to do a good bit more driving or start mods, then you probably want to go with the 6-8v. In my 48v / 6-8v cart, set up for the street, tires aired up tight. I can get over twenty miles not going below 50% charge. When i'm set up for hunting in the same cart, mud tires, cargo rack, driving slow around the hunting lease, i'm probably around 10-12 miles.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #15
timD
Not Yet Wild

Bought 4 new T1275, dealer is paying for one. At least this time the charger stayed on for more than 10 hours.
My daughters will drive it around today and hopefully this will have solved the problem.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Old 01-03-2016, 07:30 PM   #16
RickO
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by timD View Post
Bought 4 new T1275, dealer is paying for one. At least this time the charger stayed on for more than 10 hours.
My daughters will drive it around today and hopefully this will have solved the problem.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Glad to hear it. I'm fighting a similar ghost right now so please let us know if this fixed your problem.

Thanks,

Rick
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:48 PM   #17
timD
Not Yet Wild

RickO,
At this point I think it fixed my issue. I probably had about 30-35 minutes of driving in 25-30 degree weather and it was still moving well. Charged it and again it went for a number of hours.

Good luck!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car