lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2019, 05:33 AM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 Ezgo TXT charger plug sense wire

hmmmmmm well who knows, mines a little different for one reason or another....its a 2006, but that shouldn't really make any difference.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2019, 06:54 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Which one is different, the charger sense wire in the plug, or the reed switch interlock wire colors in the receptacle? My reed switch bypass eliminated the internal red wire and just has the short white wire cut off of the reed switch and a crimped on ring terminal. My old PowerWise charger had the red sense wire, but my DPI does not. Sense wire and interlock serve two different purposes. We still aren't sure which "plug" the original poster was referring to in his question. Reed switch could have been bypassed, or the sense wire Aux Contactor could have gotten dirty/corroded and been bypassed inside the charger.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:20 AM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Which one is different, the charger sense wire in the plug, or the reed switch interlock wire colors in the receptacle? My reed switch bypass eliminated the internal red wire and just has the short white wire cut off of the reed switch and a crimped on ring terminal. My old PowerWise charger had the red sense wire, but my DPI does not. Sense wire and interlock serve two different purposes. We still aren't sure which "plug" the original poster was referring to in his question. Reed switch could have been bypassed, or the sense wire Aux Contactor could have gotten dirty/corroded and been bypassed inside the charger.
ya know.....I have slept one or twice since the last time I looked at it....with this conversation in mind, I am going to have to go look at it and take a picture. will get back to y'all.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:54 PM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well I was right.....at least in my case....the sensing wire coming out of the plug on the cart side on MY cart is RED. and that's all factory wiring.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Kewl. Did they stop using the reed switch by 2007 or just change to a different reed switch?

Now to figure out whether the original poster was asking about a golf cart part or a charger part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reedswitch.jpg (513.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ezgo Reed Switch Bypass.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-17-2019, 05:46 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I got curious and looked at old pics of mine, before I bypassed it. It's black.

EZGO Engineer #1: Hey, let's connect this black wire to a red wire.
EZGO Engineer #2: Why not? That's exactly what we did with the PowerWise charger sense wire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2306.JPG (269.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1986.jpg (268.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-17-2019, 07:16 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well I was right.....at least in my case....the sensing wire coming out of the plug on the cart side on MY cart is RED. and that's all factory wiring.
There are two "third" wires associated with that style charge receptacle and they go to two separate, unrelated, circuits.

1. Wire in cart's control wiring connected the positive radsok (driver side). If that wire does not have B+ on it, the controller is disabled and cart won't run.

2. Wire in charger's output cable connected to the negative radsok (passenger side) via the auxiliary contact in the charger plug. If that wire doesn't connect to B-, the charger doesn't come on. (Note: Not all chargers sense B- at the plug, some do it internally)

Here is a top view of the plug and receptacle mated with covers off. (Reed switch has been bypassed)

Also shows magnet that open reed switch contacts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2460.jpg (157.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #18
dajablock
Not Yet Wild

I have this receptacle on my 2007 ezo text. I found the small red wire connector to the battery melted off , don't know where it had been attached, tried touching the wire to the negative same post as the black wire and it arcs. opened up the receptacle and all 3 wires ok.
Can you help me?
dajablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:20 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajablock View Post
I have this receptacle on my 2007 ezo text. I found the small red wire connector to the battery melted off , don't know where it had been attached, tried touching the wire to the negative same post as the black wire and it arcs. opened up the receptacle and all 3 wires ok.
Can you help me?
What type drive? (Series or PDS)

If the wire melted off, look for burnt residue and that might be where it had been attached.

Other than that, what is the other end of the burnt off red wire attached to?

Pictures will help.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:18 AM   #20
dajablock
Not Yet Wild

The other end is attached to the White wire inside the charger receptacle ( the same as in the picture in your post I replied to) .
dajablock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO