lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #41
BenAthar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Do EZGO brakes just suck?

After reading this thread, I now know what needs to be done with my brakes on my ezgo, just might have to find a yamaha to swap brake systems!
The wife feels worried about driving the cart on some hills here in PTC. Can only do so much.
BenAthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #42
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hydraulic disc brakes are the solution to the Ezgo Brakes. It solves 2 problems poor brakes and weak hubs.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #43
BenAthar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Been thinking of that. Need to save up for that for that mod. Have a car I'm nodding as well!
BenAthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #44
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Darn decisions wifes cart or your hot rod.
Hmmm, wife? hot rod? She make breakfast today?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #45
gorilla
Not Yet Wild

ezgo brake drums are soft and are usually shot by the time the pads are down to metal. when you put new pads to drums that are bigger diameter than stock the pads wont hit the full distance of the shoe just in the middle ! you can arch the shoe by laying a piece of 120 grit sand paper in the drum about 8 inches long with the rough side opposite drum and lay shoe on paper and rub shoe back and forth to sand shoe to the same curvature as the drum. this allows the shoe full contact when brake is applied. somtimes the drum is so big that you'd have to sand to where you wont have no pad left in the middle.before sanding , check shoe to drum clearance, you can tell if you need new drums. i just buy new drums and shoes and all 3 carts stop fast and will lock up the tires 23-10.5-12's . hope this helps!!i havent seen anything on brakes other than everyone complaining how bad they are!! MAYBE POST AS A STICKY???
gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO