lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
کcяεαмιηĐεмση!
Not Yet Wild

Default 80 club car looking some info please

hey guys i've been given a decent club car that was in need of a few solenoids and micro switches,i promptly fixed them and now have a decent cart. here are attached pics to show what i have

now that being said its not very quick or fast, i realize its simply a golf cart and not a muscle car but this is my question. i have an old ez go trike

and wonder if there is a way to mix and match the two to gain any speed? ..........like the ezgo motors are faster,gears are taller,resistor rob these voltage,f/r switch better design,etc... i'm very capable for fab and modding so getting things to fit isnt a problem if you guys see potential,however i'm not going to spend much money simply because of age of cart would rather invest in newer cart. and also because in its current state club car ,altho not peppy, is in working order. thanks guys i really appreciate any and all help.
کcяεαмιηĐεмση! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 80 club car looking some info please

I don't think there is anything to be gained unless the Ezgo has a good solid state speed control system to offer up?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
کcяεαмιηĐεмση!
Not Yet Wild

the batteries are realitively new and tires,suspension,front end,etc seem to be tight and in good shape, that being said what do u think top speed neighbor hood would be?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

These things are designed to run safely on a golf course... they average 12mph top speed.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
کcяεαмιηĐεмση!
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
These things are designed to run safely on a golf course... they average 12mph top speed.
i've never played golf, and have no concern for safety lol
(just saying not being a prick), what can i do within reason to get a little more outta of it? i know larger tires yeild some speed but how much and does it shorten battery life between charges?
Old 05-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your not gonna gain much without putting some cha-ching into it........you can go to all 4 gage cables .....all cables not just battery cables you can have the motor redone for $225 plus shipping that would give you about 20% more speed and torque, that is the cheapest but other than that theres not much unless you just drive downhill...........lol......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car