lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default CC Precedent 4-12v to 6-8v conversion

Hello All,
I am getting to the point where I am in need of replacing my 4-12v batteries, and I am putting serious thought into going with the 6-8v setup. I have heard that I would get longer run time if I switched to that setup, but also heard it is a little expensive to do the conversion.
I am wondering where I can find the battery tray that the 6 batteries would fit in? Has anyone tried to get them to fit in the current tray?
I am also wondering if the run time that will be gained will be worth the extra cost to switch over? (Right now with old batteries I can play at least 36 holes of golf before the battery light starts to light up.)
I use the cart for golfing between 3-5 days a week and charge the cart after each round, and then I take the cart to the lake and use it to run up and down the road with as well as golfing in the morning.
Thanks for the information and advice in advance!
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: CC Precedent 4-12v to 6-8v conversion

It will not be worth the nearly 2xs the cost to change the battery configuration for your use.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

What types of things is that type of setup best used for?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
Kelly G
Getting Wild

Club Car

Grinds there is a thread on here where someone converted to 6-8 volts using their original battery bucket with some cutting and modifications. Here it is http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...onversion.html
Kelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Kelly G! I knew there were some threads on here, but couldnt find them through the search section. I am still contemplating doing the switch as I would like to get as many holes of golf out of the cart as I can before having to charge them. I am just wondering why ScottyB said it would not be worth it for my type of use...what type of use is the 6-8v setup for?
Thanks again!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
Kelly G
Getting Wild

Club Car

If you don't want to try and modify your battery bucket here is a kit with everything but the OBC. http://blockbustergolfcarts.com/rear...carts-1-3.aspx
Kelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think if I did it I would first have to give the "free" one a try. I guess it would be worth a shot to save a bunch of money. I had the highest reading after a charge in a while at 50.1v on my ScottyB meter, and that got me 36 holes on a pretty hilly course (20-30ft elevation changes). I am just not sure how much longer these batteries will hold out. Does anyone know if there is a speed/torque change in going with the 6-8v?
Thanks
Old 06-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does anyone know with brand new 4-12v and 6-8v setup how far each can go on a full charge? I recently thought about going around my lake but its a little over 14 miles round trip and with my older batteries I have now I know I wouldn't make it, but if I got new 12v's or did the 'nearly free' 8v conversion I was wondering if anyone knows the average miles I would get out of both??
Thanks
Old 06-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Range is all based on terrain and other various conditions of your vehicle and the way you drive. However I can confirm that on the same Club Car discharge machine a healthy set of 12s will run around 90 minutes where 6 8s will run 120. This machine loads the battery pack and times them until they drop to 42 volts under a load.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car