lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Loading the RXV into the truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manytoyz View Post
. The battery also operates all the onboard lighting, vent fan, propane detector, fridge electronics, stereo system, yada yada.
i see .. of course you now know i don't have travel trailer
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #12
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The rains held off this morning, so got the mod finished. Now with the trailer hitched up, the tailgate can drop completely.

With the tailgate cable looped over the latch pin, plenty of clearance. This is as closed as the tailgate will go with the golf cart loaded:

To verify clearance, I backed up to the point of almost jack knifing the trailer, then dropped the tailgate and looped the tailgate cable. The tailgate barely touched the propane tank cover.

Touched up the paint on the trailer tongue. Job done.

2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #13
crash test dummy

great job !!!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #14
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks... now to get started on the RXV rear seat installation. I think it's now only 89 degrees in my garage, blah.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #15
patgrim00
Gone Wild

That looks factory man great job
patgrim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #16
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm gonna have to read this when I sober up cause I have the same issues with my cart and camper in my ram. I remove the tailgate and build up the bumper and engineer some stuff... But I have a manual jack.... I plan on getting an electric jack so I can leave my tailgate on for piece of mind.... good job
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #17
3WheelDumbo
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I'm so confused.... why couldnt you just remove the tailgate when the cart is there and put it back on when you need security? My ram takes all of 30 seconds to remove the gate. Throw it in the trailer and put it back on when you get there
3WheelDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #18
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WheelDumbo View Post
I'm so confused....
there's an understatement !!!!
Old 07-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I'm so confused.... why couldnt you just remove the tailgate when the cart is there and put it back on when you need security? My ram takes all of 30 seconds to remove the gate. Throw it in the trailer and put it back on when you get there
I do that. But for me to get everything loaded I take 2x6 and 1x6 blocks of wood to build up the bumper for the rear wheels of my cart to sit on. I'd rather be able to leave the tailgate on and with an electric jack I may be able to do that. Also he moved the location of the jack as well.
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #20
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I could do that, but when I'm camping without the golf cart, access to the bed of the truck is still limited when hitched up.

Now I can completely drop the tailgate, and have increased security when it's closed.

My tailgate is a little more of a PITA to remove. Have to climb underneath the truck, find the connector for the backup camera, and disconnect it. It's also heavier than a standard tailgate since it has the built-in step.

This mod did take some time and effort, but it only had to be done once. Hadn't found any other posts where someone had done this. Might be worth the effort for some, maybe not for others.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO