lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZ LO is a no go

I just recently installed a headlight and tail light kit on the EZGO. So I was riding (after a full charge) got about 1/4 mile from the house and then it just suddenly died. This was in the middle of the day, with no lights on. I lifted seat and took a look around all the wires were tight and plugged in all applicable points. When I press the throttle I can hear the relay or plunger whichever you want to call it click but no power anywhere. The greenlight is not even lit up on the alltrax controller. Give me some places to check.

Stew
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
beachin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ LO is a no go

I'd certainly start with the recent wiring you added - wherever you tied it into the main system for power & ground would be where I'd start.

Might want to do a quick disconnect of the light kit and see if the problem goes away?

Others on here know WAY more about this stuff though..........
beachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

There should be two red wires on one of the small terminals on the solenoid.
One of the red wire brings voltage from the pedal switch to activate solenoid. The other red wire takes that voltage and sends it to Pin-1 on the AXE controller.
That voltage is what powers up the controller, so if it isn't getting there, the LED won't come on.

If the solenoid is clicking when the pedal is pushed, but the controller isn't powering up, the red wire is broken or the controller is sick. (Or the cart could be wired differently than the Alltrax EZGO/AXE schematic.)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Lift the seat and watch the light on the controller when you hit the pedal and see if you get any flashes.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There is no flashes or any light on the controller. There is also no click in the solenoid. The only click is the little switch on the ITS switch to the gas pedal. The only real wires to the battery is a pos and neg both have inline fuses and they are fine. The rest basically is a harness to the tail lights and headlights and to a switch. The switch is independent and not tied to the key system to power on.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
There should be two red wires on one of the small terminals on the solenoid.
One of the red wire brings voltage from the pedal switch to activate solenoid. The other red wire takes that voltage and sends it to Pin-1 on the AXE controller.
That voltage is what powers up the controller, so if it isn't getting there, the LED won't come on.

If the solenoid is clicking when the pedal is pushed, but the controller isn't powering up, the red wire is broken or the controller is sick. (Or the cart could be wired differently than the Alltrax EZGO/AXE schematic.)
I am away from the cart right now but will check those wires, sir.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
rib33024

I guess were talking about the cart in your sig?, have you never bypassed the reed switch, if not check that ,
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #8
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
I guess were talking about the cart in your sig?, have you never bypassed the reed switch, if not check that ,
I have never been in the box to check the reed switch. I figure Chris done that a long time ago. This cart has been in operation for a cpl of years now. Any other thoughts?
Old 07-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #9
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

I haven't Stew, never had any reason to check the reed switch. Only problem I've ever had outta that cart is when we made the trade and I think all the rain we encountered caused that.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #10
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
I haven't Stew, never had any reason to check the reed switch. Only problem I've ever had outta that cart is when we made the trade and I think all the rain we encountered caused that.
Would the reed switch prohibit it from charging and or running? With the Lestronic II charger it does its part
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO