lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
jledwrd2
Not Yet Wild

Default Tires and lift For 08 TXT

Have my Electric 08 TXT pretty much stock. I wanted to get some new rims and tires put on it but don't want to give up any performance. I have also been thinking about a lift as well. What is the biggest I could go and not give up any performance. Not sure I want to go that big but at least I can go smaller if I decide. I have also been thinking about a freedom plug but have heard you might not want to do that with a lift. Was thinking about maybe doing the bigger tires then a lift maybe as well.
jledwrd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tires and lift For 08 TXT

My 2005 PDS with 6" lift and 23" tires runs 18 mph in mild hill mode and 23 mph in Freedom mode. Traveling up hills on pavement, it does between 11 & 14 mph mostly holding closer to 13 on all but the worst of hills. The only thing not stock as far the electrical system goes is it has 2 ga cables.

The only comparison I have been able to make to a stock cart was at Disney Fort Wilderness where you can pretty much run all out on the streets and there are plenty of stock carts getting in your way. With 4 or more people on my cart, none of the stock carts could pull away from me on the hills and even with more severe hills, I believe the top speed with the larger tires make the overall average speed higher than a cart with 18" tires. All I can say is the big off-road tires look pretty **** good and 23 mph makes for a nice ride. Next year I hope to be able to fund a 400 amp controller for better hill speed and a little more top speed!
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

you can not go with bigger tires without giving up performance....its just the way it is, as it takes more torque and power to turn them. AND it will, over time kill your controller, solenoid, and F/R if you even have one. plus you would need a complete set of larger cables, not just the battery cables, all of them.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
My 2005 PDS with 6" lift and 23" tires runs 18 mph in mild hill mode and 23 mph in Freedom mode. Traveling up hills on pavement, it does between 11 & 14 mph mostly holding closer to 13 on all but the worst of hills. The only thing not stock as far the electrical system goes is it has 2 ga cables.

The only comparison I have been able to make to a stock cart was at Disney Fort Wilderness where you can pretty much run all out on the streets and there are plenty of stock carts getting in your way. With 4 or more people on my cart, none of the stock carts could pull away from me on the hills and even with more severe hills, I believe the top speed with the larger tires make the overall average speed higher than a cart with 18" tires. All I can say is the big off-road tires look pretty **** good and 23 mph makes for a nice ride. Next year I hope to be able to fund a 400 amp controller for better hill speed and a little more top speed!

looks good, what lift (spindle? jakes)? and what kind of tires ? sizes 23/?/?
mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike777 View Post
looks good, what lift (spindle? jakes)? and what kind of tires ? sizes 23/?/?
The lift is a Rhox spindle kit and it handles very well contrary to all the negative stuff I have read about spindle kits. The tires are 23x10.50x12 Duro HF244. Here is a picture of them http://www.oemcycle.com/image/DURO_HF244-900372891.jpg. They seem to look their best on a wide rim. They list the tire as having a capacity of 1340 lbs and I don't doubt it for a second. We had around 1,000 lbs of people loaded on the cart and the tires don't even squat!
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift, tire size, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO