lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2017, 06:18 AM   #11
nighttrain
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 ez-go rxv

looks like there is a mixed bag , some say the cart is great others say they are not so great. I'm sure you all understand when I ask what is not so great about the 2009rxv ? Being that I have already purchased it I'll be having it for a number of years . Talking with the dealer i purchased it from last eve he said the controller was updated to a " Curtis " being a total newbie I'm thinking this is a good thing ? Also I had him turn the cart up to the middle setting 14-15 mph ? Any advice is very welcome..
nighttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2017, 07:42 AM   #12
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 ez-go rxv

some people like the RXV and others don't, no real surprise there... being an a/c cart, it is definitely not your run of the mill cart that is ready for quick and dirty upgrades....although after installing a voltage reducer and a weather proof fuse block you will not only have a great start but be ready for all the bells and whistle upgrades that many get an itch for.

You said the batteries are 4 years old. Being a used cart and not knowing how well they have been maintained over the years will greatly determine how much life is left. There are many threads on here discussing battery maintenance and conditioning. Please review and ask questions.
Yes the controller has been changed from the Danaher to the Curtis. Having upgraded mine to the Curtis 350 amp, a change to the curtis would require >$1000 and rewiring the main harness.
As CGTECH mentioned, go easy on the brake...I've been gentle on mine and still have a stock 2010 brake... knock on wood. And try to test drive one with a lift before putting one on...the cart changes handling characteristics.
So first things to do:
- do research on batteries
- install voltage reducer / fuse block
- install a state of charge indicator from ScottyB
- test drive some carts with a lift
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO