lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #1
Kschwan
Not Yet Wild

Default '09 RXV not moving/ beeping issue

I have a 2009 RXV with an recurring intermittent issue. When turning the ignition key on, the cart will not move and gives then the reverse buzzer will give a steady beep, beep, beep. I replaced the old lever brake with an OEM one and it seemed to work well for a few days but then that dreaded beeping/cart not working happened. There is good pack voltage with newer batteries. Switching the tow switch on and off seems to get it working I don't want to have to do that everytime. Any help and input for my next troubleshoot steps from you all is very much appreciated. Thanks!
Kschwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: HELP '09 RXV not moving/ beeping issue

could be charger interlock, I had an intermittent problem and after looking on this forum found that suggestion & replacing the charger receptacle fix the issue
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:25 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: HELP '09 RXV not moving/ beeping issue

Sounds like brake issue may be back. What specific part number brake did you get?

Heres a thread i made about rxv brakes.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...xv-brakes.html
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
Kschwan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '09 RXV not moving/ beeping issue

Thanks for the replies. The brake is a 610065. It looks like a standard duty.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:18 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

Possibly overtightened the hardware during reinstall, if so, it's toast.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:30 PM   #6
Kschwan
Not Yet Wild

When I installed I set the torque to 55 lbs. Is that too much?
Old 10-09-2019, 05:51 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

55 ft/lb is about 45 too much.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #8
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

BTW the beep beep beep is 25107 brake failure during POST, or brake slipping. Danahar controller no doubt.

Actual manual text is: 25107--Mechanical brake failed--Parking brake failed to stop motor during the parking brake self-test.

One of the actions is a simple turn key off, turn back on slowly. When the brake fails it often keeps the car from moving, it doesn't slip so the test is sort of backwards, like much of EZGO these days.

This does NOT mean the brake is bad always. It can happen if you so much as breathe while turning the car on. It checks for ANY movement to test whether the brake holds the car in park before allowing you to take off, Sadly it's too touchy. On the Curtis this is programmed out and all our rebuild Danahar controllers have the software updated to program it out. Sadly, can't do it via handheld. Always tell folks to not rock or allow their kids to kick around on the back seat when turning it on.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:26 PM   #9
Kschwan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
55 ft/lb is about 45 too much.
Hi CG. My wrench is inch/lbs. 55 inch/lbs. I think that is about 6 N-M?
Old 10-09-2019, 06:35 PM   #10
Kschwan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
BTW the beep beep beep is 25107 brake failure during POST, or brake slipping. Danahar controller no doubt.

Actual manual text is: 25107--Mechanical brake failed--Parking brake failed to stop motor during the parking brake self-test.

One of the actions is a simple turn key off, turn back on slowly. When the brake fails it often keeps the car from moving, it doesn't slip so the test is sort of backwards, like much of EZGO these days.

This does NOT mean the brake is bad always. It can happen if you so much as breathe while turning the car on. It checks for ANY movement to test whether the brake holds the car in park before allowing you to take off, Sadly it's too touchy. On the Curtis this is programmed out and all our rebuild Danahar controllers have the software updated to program it out. Sadly, can't do it via handheld. Always tell folks to not rock or allow their kids to kick around on the back seat when turning it on.
Hi Nick, so how does one get a Danaher rebuilt? Sounds like it cannot happen by handheld software programming. Is it a physical component rebuild process where I would send it in? Who can do this and I wonder how much$? Thanks everyone!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO