lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2021, 06:05 PM   #1
DWRandall
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ Go 2 FIve

How do I get my EZ Go 2 Five to freewheel. Rats have eaten wires so the Run/Tow Switch will not apply. Thank you for suggestions.
DWRandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2021, 08:05 AM   #2
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ Go 2 FIve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRandall View Post
How do I get my EZ Go 2 Five to freewheel. Rats have eaten wires so the Run/Tow Switch will not apply. Thank you for suggestions.
Welcome. The only option I know of is to remove the park brake. Of course, there will be nothing to stop it from moving, so blocking the tires would be the only way to stop it from rolling.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 11:52 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
Welcome. The only option I know of is to remove the park brake. Of course, there will be nothing to stop it from moving, so blocking the tires would be the only way to stop it from rolling.
2five has 4 wheel hydraulic disc brakes.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:15 AM   #4
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
2five has 4 wheel hydraulic disc brakes.
Didn't think of that and I own a 2Five. Duh, Lol. You could use something to depress the brake pedal and that would hold it in place. You would still need to remove the park brake from the motor to have it free wheel.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 02:26 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
Didn't think of that and I own a 2Five. Duh, Lol. You could use something to depress the brake pedal and that would hold it in place. You would still need to remove the park brake from the motor to have it free wheel.
Yep. Some people use a 18v drill battery as an unlock tool (the brake connector is a "metripack 150" if anyone wants to make one). I have one main reason I went a different route, people at work often borrow my unlock tool, so I'm not loaning out an expensive 18v drill battery. (I used a $12 SLA 12v battery & a cheapo "boost converter" set to 22v).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 06:13 PM   #6
nbvc444
Not Yet Wild

Can you give me more detail here? What would i need to actually set up up and where would i connect it? Sorry probably a silly question, but .....
nbvc444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freewheel 2 five
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO