lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
cb11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 05 EZ GO TXT runs like poo after installing shorter belt.

I installed the shorter belt on my TXT looking for better bottom end and now my cart is running like crap. I adjusted the governor some last weekend before I installed the belt and got it running really well. Do I need to readjust the governor or make any other changes now that the shorter belt is installed? Thx for the help.
cb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 05 EZ GO TXT runs like poo after installing shorter belt.

Be more specific with what " running like crap " means. Is the engine giving you trouble or is it a performance issue?
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
cb11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Cart lags on takeoff and top speed is about half of what it was. Seems like it just needs some adjusting of some kind, engine sounds like its running fine except the governor is kicking in at a lower speed. That might be from the shorter belt. Just hoping to troubleshoot some before I start looking into further this weekend.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I gotta 98 txt. I installed a belt one inch shorter to get my climbing ability back. The addition of 23 in tires robbed my power. The belt gave me loads of low end however just like yours I lost some top end. I have high revs at take off b/c of the belt change. The shorter belt changed the gear ratio at takeoff. I adjusted the governor to get my topend back and now I have the best of both worlds. She climbs and hauls a##!!!! I have a stock 295 mci in mine so I don't expect much. Hope this helps..
Old 05-14-2010, 08:00 AM   #5
cb11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

It does, I expected the loss in top end speed but not the loss of takeoff power. I only rode it for 5 mins or so. I'll get a better chance to look at it tomorrow and see whats going on. Almost feels like the governor kicks in before the cart even moves now, is that possible?
Old 05-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
cb11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well got home this afternoon and installed my HD springs then took the cart for a 15 min ride. It ran much better than last night. Still seems a little off but I haven't played with the governor any more. I need to check the accelerator cable and all to make sure they are all set correctly. I'll do that and see how it does.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Adjusting the governor will help. It may be the limiter kicking in. When you swapped belts it affected the ratio b/w the two clutches. The primary is picking up the belt right at the base of the grove. This give you a pos. low end gain with higher revs. The engine can easlily handle the load now b/c of that ratio change. In return those revs might be engaging the gov. and bringing it down some. My cart moves when you touch the pedal and if you floor it you get high revs with quick take off that equalizes itself as the primary and drive clutch balance out. Try tinkerin with the gov. a little more and see what happens!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #8
cb11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds about like what I was thinking. I can tell its going to be an improvement on the bottom, I've just got to get it adjusted right.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #9
cb11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Adjusted the cable today and cart is running MUCH better. The cable with the governonr spring was pretty loose, snugged it up and took it for a ride. Good low end now and top end feels just a little slower but I can live with that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO