lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #11
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor upgrade with speed code 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I see a lot of people talking about speed magnets and referencing ebay/amazon... You can order them directly from a manufacturer a lot cheaper.

Precedent IQ or Excel with ADC motor:
Original 8 pole magnet: P16C25R8

IQ Only: wwwphoenixamerica.com

They cost about $10 plus shipping.

I never researched the magnet for the G/E motors, but if you measure one, I am sure that company makes one for them as well.
I put 2 magnets in my shopping cart and they wanted $17 shipping. That's insane for two small magnets IMO.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
I put 2 magnets in my shopping cart and they wanted $17 shipping. That's insane for two small magnets IMO.
. . . shipping $.50 . . . handling . . . $16.50 . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:38 AM   #13
Thordmz
Not Yet Wild

I just bought a 2010 with excel the system and the dealer (club car) set it to 4 from 3 and showed me the programmer as he did it. Took a whole 60 seconds and he charged me nothing. Don't know what all the other shops are doing but it seems that a dealership that wants your business would do it for free. No mention of a cost was even discussed.

I had my garmin with me and the car went from 14/15 mph to 22 mph on flat ground after the setting was changed. It was a very noticeable difference. Have put about 25 trouble free miles on car since I've had it now for about week. Couldn't help notice however that the powerdrive charger gets very hot while its charging until it gets down to around 8 or so on the meter.

Good luck
Thordmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #14
dquick
Not Yet Wild

Sergio,

I am interested in learning more about and buying the black box for excel carts. I have 6 Excels I want to speed up . Can you help. My email is dave at frontiergolfcarts dot com.
dquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
dquick
Not Yet Wild

Sergio,

I am interested in learning more about/buying your black box for Excel carts. I have 6 of them I want to speed up. Please email me at dave at frontiergolfcarts dot com
dquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:39 AM   #16
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sergio,

I am interested in learning more about/buying your black box for Excel carts. I have 3 of them I want to speed up. Please email me at dale-d at cox dot net

Thanks in advance
Dale D
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #17
lunaticrider
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sergio pm sent!

Any updates on the black box?
lunaticrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is an update on that project:
The data collected and analysis I did of the Excel system were performed in my neighborhood. There are no flat roads and a stock golf cart does not exceed speed code 3 on the inclines.
A forum member tried my version 1.0 of the software last year and it did not work well for him. It would appear that the increase in speed I got was manly due to the software removing Regen breaking and gravity when going down hill.
While working on a different project, I came across a flaw in the timer interrupt routines used by the core Arduino operating system that power the little micro-controller I am using.
I had some time off at the end of last year and re-wrote the program to remove the dependencies of that part of the Arduino core code. Version 2.0 was born and It worked really well.
Unfortunately both my wife and daughter complained about the reduction of the Regen breaking as they had got used to it.
I combined what I had learned from the first version with the new code and came up with a version that reduces the Regen while at high speed and allow full Regen breaking below a certain speed. Version 3.0 was born and that is the one I am using now.
I have not had a chance to take my cart anywhere with nice flat roads to test how well it works, as soon as I do I will post another update.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car