lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #1
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

Default No Reverse

I have a 1997 48 volt club car.Runs great forward.When I switch to reverse it will not move.It makes a clicking sound but thats all.I took apart the f/r switch and cleaned the cooper contacts. Put back together and I still have no reverse.Whats my next move? Thanks
gswillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: No Reverse

Swap the white wire and the black wire on the rear-most microswitch behind the F&R switch and tell me what it does when you try to go.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:27 PM   #3
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

OK I swap the black and white wires.It still would go forward and when I put it in reverse and step on the on the pedal it would only make a clicking sound.You were talking about the solid black and white wires.Right.Thanks for your help.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gswillis View Post
OK I swap the black and white wires.It still would go forward and when I put it in reverse and step on the on the pedal it would only make a clicking sound.You were talking about the solid black and white wires.Right.Thanks for your help.
Your F&R switch is burnt up. Yes, that's the wires I was talking about. You have just confirmed that the Half-Speed resistor for reverse is NOT causing your problem, therefore eliminating that as the culprit. The controller on the vehicle does not know which direction you're telling it to go, the F&R switch reverses the polarity of the power going to the motor. This means that the F&R switch itself has to be the problem. Inspect it a little closer, you'll find somewhere on it that's melted. You may have to remove it and look at the buss bars on the front side of the switch. Also pay close attention to the swivel-nuts where the orange and blue wires are attached. Look closely and you'll see where the plastic has gotten hot and liquified.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:40 PM   #5
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

Thanks David I will check it out and get one at the first of the month.I really appreciate your help.Thanks Gary
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car