lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2015, 05:56 PM   #11
tbird86
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: water came out of batteries and orange light

could having bad connection make the batteries bad?

the pos. cable was a 4ga and not a 6ga. does that matter.

just looked and the neg. cables were 6ga and not 4ga. could that of been a problem?

just looked at carts limited. I did not find regular cables, just the upgraded stuff. I will call on Monday. I also did not see batteries
tbird86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2015, 06:38 PM   #12
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird86 View Post
could having bad connection make the batteries bad?

the pos. cable was a 4ga and not a 6ga. does that matter.

just looked and the neg. cables were 6ga and not 4ga. could that of been a problem?

just looked at carts limited. I did not find regular cables, just the upgraded stuff. I will call on Monday. I also did not see batteries
Scotty doesn't sell batteries, and most online sellers don't. You will need to find a local source. I drive 120 miles round trip to pick up batteries at the best price.

Your best bet is to spend some time reading other threads like yours before you start ordering stuff. Now is the time to upgrade any parts instead of going back with stock parts.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #13
tbird86
Not Yet Wild

ok, will do. thanks again
Old 05-10-2015, 07:33 AM   #14
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Mismatched cables does not hurt. Best to go with matched set. INCLUDING the cables to controller and motor.

Using upgraded cables on batteries and normal cables "Bottlenecks" at regular cable.
The net result is little if any gain from the upgraded cables.

Since you will be replacing parts, good idea to use better quality parts.

The stuff on the cart is the lowest cost equipment the Mfg. could use for carts design use.
Golf-- Drive a few hundred feet ,stop for a minute or two ,drive a few hundred feet.
with 2 people and 2 golf bags for about 12 miles a day at 13mph max.

You probably will want cart to do more.

Good Luck !!!!
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:33 PM   #15
tbird86
Not Yet Wild

messing with the existing batteries do to money. I charged each one got each one to 8V. put it on charge. ran ok seemed to have some power and lost a little going up a little hill. I understand. what I do not understand is that the batteries keep loosing water from the cells. I fill them up and after a charge I see the cells again. where is the water going or is the water just so low do to neglect. they are not leaking.
other issue is I have 4 batteries that are 8V and two that are like 6V. I can not seem to kick start the two batteries to 8V.
why does the golf cart now shimmy when I floor it but gradual pedal it is fine. I took the seat off and floored it and the rear end bounces up and down.
any one have ideas
thanks
mike
Old 06-01-2015, 09:46 PM   #16
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird86 View Post
messing with the existing batteries do to money. I charged each one got each one to 8V. put it on charge. ran ok seemed to have some power and lost a little going up a little hill. I understand. what I do not understand is that the batteries keep loosing water from the cells. I fill them up and after a charge I see the cells again. where is the water going or is the water just so low do to neglect. they are not leaking.
other issue is I have 4 batteries that are 8V and two that are like 6V. I can not seem to kick start the two batteries to 8V.
why does the golf cart now shimmy when I floor it but gradual pedal it is fine. I took the seat off and floored it and the rear end bounces up and down.
any one have ideas
thanks
mike
Sounds like the water is boiling out of your batteries as the 2 battery that are only holding 6 volts will cause the charger to continually charge all battery in an attempt to bring the overall pack voltage up....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:36 AM   #17
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
why does the golf cart now shimmy when I floor it
When you floor it - you place a high amperage demand on your (bad) batteries. Your pack voltage momentarily plummets and causes the motor/controller to "shimmy". Its often called the DEATH RATTLE. If you replace only the two ultra-bad batteries, the two new ones will be damaged within a year, trying to make-up for the remaining four "lazy/old" ones. They ALL need replacing, I'm afraid.

Maybe you can find a set of six good-used batteries at a battery dealer (1 to 2 years old max) since money is an issue. Don't buy non-golf-cart batteries, or that will create a whole new set of problems for you.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #18
tbird86
Not Yet Wild

awesome thank you again
mike
Old 10-07-2015, 03:04 PM   #19
dc_customdesign
Getting Wild

Did you ever get new batteries or cables? My batteries are leaking at the caps and making a mess.
dc_customdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car