lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2015, 02:55 AM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default front body

is there a good way to repair a crack in the plastic front end. I have about a 5 in crack next to the headlight area.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: front body

I'd like to know also but I may bed line it to cover the crack on one
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:05 PM   #3
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

If its the plastic body (not the old fiberglass one) then you could likely use a plastic bumper repair kit (from underneath if your not repainting - maybe with a bit of fibreglass cloth for strength). Similar to
THIS THIS

If you are ULTRA CAREFUL not to apply too much (with painters tape on top of the crack), you can also wick-in some thin cyanoacrylate (super glue) from below before applying the epoxy/cloth treatment. That will seal inside the crack - but pull the tape right after applying and leave the body undisturbed for a half hour or gently wipe the top surface with a WET (not damp) cloth so the glue isn't still active. Its easy to overdo it with super glue. Too much and it will creep out to the outer surface and look worse than the crack your repairing. Too little is better than too much!
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:08 PM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'd like to repair one and put bed liner or plasti dip over the crack.
What would be the best method for that?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:32 PM   #5
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

I see that you are in FL. So many cart dealers here you may be able to pick up a used front body very cheap from a dealer and paint it or have it painted. Might cost just as much as the supplies do at the store and save you a bunch of time trying to fix the crack. Unless it is done just right it may crack again down the road depending on what you use your cart for. I have seen front bodies for around $20 on craigslist from time to time but I would check with a local dealer.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car