lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2015, 09:59 PM   #21
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 82 club car, runs slow if you press pedal easy, runs normal if you hit it hard?

I checked with the volt meter and everything checks out good, for some reason now all the speeds are working again when I press the switch.

I thought maybe I didn't have the ignition on, but I remember only the high speed working, so it had to have been on.

While its apart, should I go ahead and change the switches? Since they were acting up after I let it hit a spark?

At first I wasn't sure about the solenoids, but they had a light coat of rust preventing the meter from detecting the continuity. I sanded on each terminal head a little, then rechecked.

I then got a beep from the meter on each solenoid as my wife pressed each micro switch.
Jeffreynmandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2015, 10:09 PM   #22
crash test dummy

Default Re: 82 club car, runs slow if you press pedal easy, runs normal if you hit it hard?

wow ... gremlins
let me sleep on this one
Old 08-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #23
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Unhappy Re: 82 club car, runs slow if you press pedal easy, runs normal if you hit it hard?

Since all the switches were working I was going to put it back together. I can't get but three clicks now. I had all five last night. It's like every time it but it back it's different.

I can see from underneath that it needs to go back farther to engage the last two clicks. The rod going to the pedal is old and didn't want to turn. The pedal needs adjusting so it doesn't hit the floor. The first click doesnt engage until the pedal is half way down.

I may give up this hobby and take up stamp collecting. This thing is starting to be a nightmare.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #24
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

Closer to a solution I hope. There's a good bit of slop on the gas pedal from being old. I put some pb blaster on the rod connecting the pedal to the wedge. I got it off and saw there is alot of room to screw it out. I'll try that to see if I get the extra length to get the wedge to trigger all switches.

I'm documenting this in case some one Google's it with the same problem. People on the internet help me solve allot of problems, maybe this will help someone else.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #25
crash test dummy

i would replace the micros ... just to be safe
Old 08-24-2015, 09:49 PM   #26
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

I adjusted the throttle linkage to get the wedge to trigger all the switches. I think that was the real problem to begin with.

But it interfered with the parking brake. It wants to lock the brake as soon as I press the brake pedal. What can I do to fix this?

Once I get the brake adjusted I think I'll finally be done .
Old 08-25-2015, 05:53 AM   #27
crash test dummy

yea i saw your other post
i have the 93 manual
here are the instructions on 93 parking brake
it my help

click for full size, then click on page to zoom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brake1.jpg (80.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg brake2.jpg (76.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg brake3.jpg (78.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg brake4.jpg (79.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg brake5 (2).jpg (69.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-31-2015, 02:33 PM   #28
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

I finally got it as good as I'm going to get it. No matter how I adjusted what, the last microswitch just didn't quite get triggered. Maybe the wedge was worn, but I just cut a very small piece of rubber and glued it down to the last section of the wedge.

Even manually pushing the wedge rod to the back of the switch box, it still had trouble with the last switch, that leads me to think its the old wedge.

So now the last two switches trigger together. Which is ok by me. As long as I get top speed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car