lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2015, 07:48 PM   #1
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Default Some Assembly Required

I wasn't out looking for another cart, but had a guy call me up and ask if I was interested in a golf cart his grandson had for sale. Said it was all in pieces and would take $150 for it. Went look at it and sure enough, it was all in pieces. From running the serial number on EXGO's website, it is a 2004 TXT 36v. Anybody have a parts manual for loan or sell? I'm thinking that is my best bet for getting everything back together as it would have exploded views. The frame looks as if it was maybe blasted and primed, so I plan to clean the little bit of rust areas and get a good coat of paint on it. The body is in great shape with some light scratches that should come out with some buffing. Also included was 4 air shocks and a still in the bag seat cover.

MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2015, 05:25 AM   #2
Glen Fraser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Some Assembly Required

U can down load whole thing off ezgo web site
Glen Fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:28 AM   #3
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

With the help from a fellow member, I got the manuals I need. Now let the fun begin.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:13 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

MAN.....I actually think I would have loved finding that.....I would have saved me quite a few hours AND a ton of money. GREAT FIND!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:11 AM   #5
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Brought the frame and rear axle into the shop to claim some floorspace. Going get some paint later today and will paint the frame this afternoon. Pulled the motor off the axle and found the below pictures. Put the motor aside and started cleaning up the mounting surface. Wire brush and a small wood chisel worked pretty good at getting the crust off. Then I started on the motor and separated the motor. A couple cans of brake cleaner and some emmory cloth and I was ready to put it back onto the axle for testing. I just couldn't see myself mailing off the motor in this shape to PQ. They may have banned me as a customer had I sent this nasty thing to them. Hooked up the 12v battery and MOTOR WORKS!!!!!

Can I use mineral spirits to clean the motor? I have a parts washer now and have mineral spirits in it. Wondering if I can pull the motor apart again and give it a good scrubbing in the parts washer.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

My god! ! That thing was literally full of water... Might end up replacing the brush holder, any flaws in the brush holders will hang the brush up & fry the motor. Im not sure about the mineral spirits, anything that would effect the insulating varnish dip is bad.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Do you have the "AU-255 Flt-speed" or "AU-2500 HI-spd" motor?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:38 PM   #8
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Do you have the "AU-255 Flt-speed" or "AU-2500 HI-spd" motor?
Rating: AU2500 FLT SPD 09/25/03
Old 09-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #9
Helirich
Gone Wild

Wow, I do think that's a good deal. You can build it like you want. Building is fun. Tear down is not.

That pic of the frame is interesting to me. I have a wrecked cart where a guy hit a pole sideways doing about 50. It went right through the two back frame rails and the sheet metal into the batteries. It's funny, the plastic side sprung back out with just a crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudHog View Post
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:19 PM   #10
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Is EZGO the king of pop rivets? Prepping the frame for paint and I must have punched out a dozen or two of rivets. Got some bolts that appear to have been cut that I'm working on to get them out. They are in the second crossmember and not cooperating.

Does anybody have a controller heat sink available? This one had broken bolts in it that I will have to drill out and go with bigger bolts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO