lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: any help appreciated

Please don't take small snippets of posts out of context, both of our posts further explained the part you are objecting.

Here is my technical information to support my opinion, it is from a few years ago but still relevant:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post955672

I will add that if it did not make any difference having two cables, Club car would probably have used a much smaller wire thru the OBC using a bullet connector as it would be a lot easier to manufacture.

Do You have a technical argument to support your opinion?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2015, 11:12 AM   #12
bassfisherman1_2015
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks for all you guys input, I have made me a 5/16 rod and 4 nuts going to shrink the middle and grab some rubber washers and go that route
bassfisherman1_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #13
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

We can simply agree to disagree. I've read through many, many post on this forum regarding electrical questions and answers. Your answers are fine, and are always from the point of view that there is but a single way to accomplish something. I practice what I preach, and my use and application of my methods is my evidence. When someone around here can't fix a cart, it gets referred to me. When carts have massive electrical issues around here, it gets referred to me. When no one will even think about taking on one of those POS Star carts with a nightmare's worth of wiring issues, it comes to me. I fix them, they work, and the customer is happy. My business thrives on referrals and my customers get a fair price to fix their issues. At the end of the day, when they are happy so am I. This topic, much like other topics where opinions vary wildly (et al the use of a reducer or not.....to which I provided you said technical data) are never going to have an end. Ford vs Chevy, potato or potatoe and so forth. Thriving forums live on differing opinions and methods.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am glad your business is doing fine and I am making no associations here.

Since you brought up the converter issue, you never provided any technical data, just a lot of readings on dead batteries from carts with unknown history and somehow presented this uncontrolled data as evidence of a direct cause/effect conclusion.

I saw no point in continuing the debate.

The data on that issue is very clear, I even posted a link to a integrated circuit company that has spend a lot of time and money to provide a product that fulfills a need of an industry that did not have a viable solution.

The damage caused by battery pack imbalance is real and unfortunately too many uninformed people listen to bad advice from folks that pretend to be experts and end up with a preventable financial loss of their batteries.

I try to present information that I think will help other cart owners and I hope folks here make their own conclusion or research as I do.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #15
bsikes09
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I know its a completely different type of use but this is exactly why newer LiPo battery packs have a balance lead......to make sure the pack as a whole STAYS BALANCED!!!
bsikes09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #16
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.pauldinello.net/exit57/ex...5_clapping.htm
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:12 AM   #17
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

If repairs suggested are incorrect, guess work, dangerous, or have a potential to damage other components of the cart, do not suggest them to members that are new to carts and have no idea what the outcome will produce.

The tech sections are not a competition to see who knows the most. But, they can prove how much someone really doesn't know.

New cart owners need knowledgeable guidance, not shortcuts that might lead to disaster.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:29 AM   #18
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
.... The tech sections are not a competition to see who knows the most. But, they can prove how much someone really doesn't know....
Thank you for that snippet.... Just went through this a little while ago about tire pressures with some dolt on FB....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car