lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2016, 10:03 PM   #1
Petergriffin
Not Yet Wild

Default Help ezgo not moving

Just picked up a 1993 36v electric marathon. Dont know much about these things. It was running fine for a week. Pulled it off the charger other morning 100 ft or so, got out got back in she didnt move. From everything i read i hear solenoid clicking i believe in black box. I tested batteries with volt meter, all read about 6.37. As far as testing solenoid (i guess should be next step). Can i leave all cables on it to do whatever i need to do test? How should i do it with multimeter. Also i should note who i got it from the ignition is not hooked up so basically on all the time. i dont know how he has it hooked up with the ignition bypassed. Well thanks for anyones help who chimes in.
Petergriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2016, 11:14 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Help ezgo not moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petergriffin View Post
Just picked up a 1993 36v electric marathon. Dont know much about these things. It was running fine for a week. Pulled it off the charger other morning 100 ft or so, got out got back in she didnt move. From everything i read i hear solenoid clicking i believe in black box. I tested batteries with volt meter, all read about 6.37. As far as testing solenoid (i guess should be next step). Can i leave all cables on it to do whatever i need to do test? How should i do it with multimeter. Also i should note who i got it from the ignition is not hooked up so basically on all the time. i dont know how he has it hooked up with the ignition bypassed. Well thanks for anyones help who chimes in.
he just tied the wires in together on the ignition that's all. yes you can test solenoid with meter with batteries hooked up, no danger there. Even though your solenoid is clicking it can still be bad. the black box is not really a box its like a roof lol, unscrew that and you will see the solenoid. Take a battery cable or a wire just as thick and access the solenoid. Jump across the 2 large terminals on it and have someone push the pedal and see what happens. Also, for good measure, how old are your batteries and have you had them tested under a load to see if they are ok?
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:56 PM   #3
Petergriffin
Not Yet Wild

Batteries are said to be 2014s. They look pretty good. Never load tested. I just held battery cable on 2 large posts on solenoid pressed gas and nothing still just a click. Thanks for your help
Old 12-14-2016, 08:14 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Put the voltmeter test leads on the controller big B- and M-. When the solenoid just clicks you should read the same as the whole battery pack. keep pressing the gas pedal down and that voltage reading should go down near zero.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:20 PM   #5
Petergriffin
Not Yet Wild

Ok. Yes it started high and worked its way down close to 0 the more i pushed. Thanks
Old 12-14-2016, 12:53 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So the throttle signal device and the controller are working. The problem is in the high amperage cables, the F&R switch, or the motor. Of these the F&R is the most likely suspect. Slam it into gear a few times and try to go..... no go? Tighten the 9/16 center nut 1/2 turn and re-try?
Old 12-14-2016, 01:11 PM   #7
Petergriffin
Not Yet Wild

Slammed and tightened..nothing. Still got the beep in reverse though. Is there a way to test it?
Old 12-14-2016, 01:20 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, A failed continuity test is definitive while a positive test is not because you can be reading a small bit of contact that cannot sustain a large flow.
Did you try rolling the cart a few feet and re-try? If it runs = bad motor brush contact.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.1Ezgo F&R instruc EZ575.jpg (120.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-14-2016, 01:43 PM   #9
Petergriffin
Not Yet Wild

All read 0 with a beep on all 4 tests. Tried rolling back and forth switching. Etween forward and reverse and nothing. Dang this sucks.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:07 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Solenoid clicks each time you try to go? Both directions? You may be getting a false positive continuity test. Re try the test under load, while trying to go?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO